Christi asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Is Top Gun a guy flick or not?

My mom likes the movie Top Gun, and I think it's kind of a guy flick. Am I wrong, or do women like it just as much as men? Thanks!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Kim
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

It has elements that makes it both a guy movie and a chick flick.

It has planes. It has stuff blowing up. It has flying. It has rivalry. Oh, and did I mention stuff blowing up? A lot of action... and lots of machismo.

It has a romance story. It has Tom Cruise. It has Val Kilmer. It has kissing. Did I mention Tom Cruise? Oh, and Anthony Edwards dies (tear jerker part of the movie). Wasn't there a shower scene?

So yeah, it has plenty of things for both genders to like. It's one of my 25 favorite movies.

• 5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awu34

Tough call! I would have to go with Dirty Dancing, although I do like Top Gun, too! Dirty Dancing is the ultimate chick flick. Patrick Swayze, awesome dancing, good music, and "nobody puts baby in the corner". Ahhh.... Top Gun is great, too. But mostly because it has a macho edge so guys can enjoy it as well. Plus "Take My Breath Away" will forever reign as one of the best love songs of all time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Anything with that midget ****** Tom Cruise in it is not a guy flick.

• 1 decade ago

It was one of the first chick flix that guys liked also.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i really liked it. there is some romance too.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.