Questions for Jews regarding the suffering servant in Isaiah 52 & 53...?

Who was Isaiah addressing this passage to? If he was addressing those passages to the Israelites, then how can the Israelites also be the suffering servant? Especially in regards to these verses: 3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like... show more Who was Isaiah addressing this passage to?

If he was addressing those passages to the Israelites, then how can the Israelites also be the suffering servant?

Especially in regards to these verses:

3 He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

I understand the whole "pierced" vs "lion" stuff...that's not what I'm interested in. I have a copy of the JPS Tanakh at home. What I'm wondering is how the servant can be Israel if the servant is to bear the sins of Israel.
Update: @ Cindy....But how do you know that there isn't a "suffering Messiah"? Where do you come up with your claims?
Update 2: @ Jewish Accountant....It's easier just to cut-and-paste from biblegateway.com

Get over yourself.