Why are people saying that the bible taught that the earth is flat?

I've heard many times that people say the bible teaches the earth is flat, and that Christians taught the earth is flat. And they are right about one of those things. SOME Christians did teach the earth was flat, but that is not what the bible says. So don't use that to say the bible taught that the earth... show more I've heard many times that people say the bible teaches the earth is flat, and that Christians taught the earth is flat. And they are right about one of those things. SOME Christians did teach the earth was flat, but that is not what the bible says. So don't use that to say the bible taught that the earth was flat.

Isaiah 40:21-22

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in

If you are overlooking the ocean, the horizon appears as a circle. This circle on the horizon is described in Job 26:10. The circle on the face of the waters is one of the proofs that the Greeks used for a spherical earth. Yet here it is recorded in Job, ages before the Greeks discovered it. Job 26:10 indicates that where light terminates, darkness begins. This suggests day and night on a spherical globe.

The implication of a round earth is seen in the book of Luke, where Jesus described his return, Luke 17:31. Jesus said, “In that day,” then in verse 34, “In that night.” This is an allusion to light on one side of the globe and darkness on the other simultaneously.

"When the Bible touches on scientific subjects, it is entirely accurate."

just because some Christians taught that does not mean it is right, and it is what the bible says. Some "Christians" teach that abortion is also right. Are they right? of course not.
Update: Oh, you people like twisting the bible so much, don't you. OK, you read my first two paragraphs, did you think about reading on? That was not the only passage to support the earth was round. And I don't know about people teaching that the earth was flat like a circle. I'm pretty sure they taught... show more Oh, you people like twisting the bible so much, don't you.

OK, you read my first two paragraphs, did you think about reading on? That was not the only passage to support the earth was round.

And I don't know about people teaching that the earth was flat like a circle. I'm pretty sure they taught it flat like a square.

But anyways you guys need to stop trying to prove the bible wrong, It is impossible.

They didn't use the word sphere once in the whole king james bible. Does that answer your question? How are they going to use that word if it wasn't invented yet?

You people are bad.

The bible is absolutely true, and back then, they could use the word circle to describe a sphere.
Update 2: Oh, you people like twisting the bible so much, don't you. OK, you read my first two paragraphs, did you think about reading on? That was not the only passage to support the earth was round. And I don't know about people teaching that the earth was flat like a circle. I'm pretty sure they taught... show more Oh, you people like twisting the bible so much, don't you.

You people are bad.