• Health >
  • Women's Health
  • Health >
  • Women's Health

I have an inflamed cervix what does this mean??

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Hi, I have been having a very abnormal month.. Strange bleeding from vagina and abnormal discharge... I went to the doctor and had a pap smear and ultrasound. I had blood on the end ...show more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
  • izzy answered 6 years ago
Inflammation often results in mildly abnormal Pap tests. These may result in the diagnosis of CIN I in the CIN grading system, ASCUS in the Bethesda System or changes consistent with Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) infection. An inflamed cervix may appear red, irritated, or eroded. Some of the common causes of cervical inflammation are:
1. bacteria (from an infection)
2. viruses, especially herpes infections and condyloma cuminata (warts)
3. yeast or monilia infections
4. trichomonas infections
5. pregnancy, miscarriage, or abortion
6. chemicals (for example, medications)
7. hormonal changes
8. allergy
9. Cervicitis can also be caused by birth control devices such as a cervical cap or diaphragm, or chemical exposure.

When the inflammation is treated and cleared, repair through metaplasia (Metaplasia is generally described as a process of cell growth or cell repair which is benign) usually will follow. In several months, a repeat Pap test will often then be normal.

Successful treatment of cervicitis begins with proper identification of the cause. If some irritant is causing the cervicitis, your doctor will remove it or advise you to avoid it. If the cause is an infection, your doctor will attempt to diagnose the responsible organism.

The last paragraph sums it up really, until the cause of your cervicitis is identified it is difficult to tell you what, if anything, you should avoid.

There is quite a bit of information on cervicitis online, more than if you had typed in inflamed cervix I think.

Asker's Rating & Comment

4 out of 5
Thank you alot for your detailed answer and help... I did find this answer online.. But the first paragraph is very technical and didnt make much sence to me.. I just wanted someone to tell about their case or to dumb it down for me lol .... I guess what its saying is it could be an STI??
  • 0
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (2)

• Relevance
  • Rating
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • SKROCH answered 2 months ago
    Now everyone can cure infertility using this natural remedy http://pregnancyhelps.info
    infertility can run in the family and one of the first things the doctor asks you when you go to a fertility clinic is your family history regarding cases of infertility or other reproductive issues.
    If infertility is caused by genetic disorder then it's not unusual that one of the kids (your mom) doesn't have it and another does (your aunt).
    two months of trying is still to early to be concerned about the fact that you might be infertile and it's also quite early to go to a fertility specialist. Go to a regular Obgyb to get a closer insight and see what ways there are are to improve your fertility rate.
    Also remove alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes from your life because they might influence your chances too. Stress is also a risk factor when it comes to infertility.
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • ? answered 1 month ago
    When you can't get pregnant, and things look good from the outside, it can be extremely frustrating.
    The first thing to consider is how long have you been trying. About 80% of couples will get pregnant after six months of trying, and about 90% will be pregnant after 12 months of trying to get pregnant. Anyway this is a great methid to get pregnant fast https://tr.im/171f0
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • I have an inflamed cervix what does this mean??
    Hi, I have been having a very abnormal month.. Strange bleeding from vagina and abnormal discharge... I went to the doctor and had a pap smear and ultrasound. I had blood on the end of the pap smear and they then said I have an inflamed cervix. Ive never had this or heard of it??
    I asked them what it was caused by and they said usually married women get it.....Its very normal......... :-@ I live in China and translation and culture are always very difficult..
    I have to go back in 3 days for my pap smear results and also to get some medicine for the inflammation that I have to insert...

I'd just like to know what causes this??? I have read on Google that it could be an STI, hormones or an infection of some sort. I have a fiance and we have unprotected sex (Im on the pill), so Id like to know if it really is caused by an STI ( and what ones) before getting tested or asking him too.

Also if it is not caused by an STI how can I prevent it from happening again?

Your reply's will be greatly appreciated..
    Thanks in advance
    Sign in 

to add your answer

2

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock