What is the solubility of Copper Sulphate in water at room temperature?

Please help, I need it for my science project. thanks.

and please don't tell me about its solubility at 0 degree Celcius, because I need to know its solubility at room temperature. Thanks. :)

If you use the pentahydrate CuSO4.5H2O then the solubility at 20°C is 20.8g/100ml H2O

If you use the anhydride, CuSO4. then the solubility at 20°C is 36.2g/100ml H2O

• markin

Cuso4 Solubility

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aykMU

That depends on the amount. Solubility is the maximum amount of salt dissolved in 100 g of water. So, if the amount is within limit, then yes. Solubility of anhydrous copper sulfate is 24.3 g/100 g water, so it is not bad. Put it in perspective, the solubility of NaCl is about 35 g/100 g water at room temperature. If the amount of copper sulfate is unknown, qualitative I'd say solid copper sulfate will dissolve in water completely.

I dunno what you know, so here's the best i can do:

CuSO4(s) --> Cu^2+ + SO4^2- is your equation. You have to find the Ksp for copper sulfate at 20 degrees celsius. Set up an ice table, and for the Change for CuSO4, you should have a "-x". The "-x" is your solubility.

Use your Ksp = (products)/(reactants) and solve for x. Remember that solids do not change concentration, so in this case, your Ksp = products

Ksp = [Cu^2+][SO4^2-]

YES for the given amount at an appropritae temperature. Otherwise saturated (or super saturated) solution may result.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): solubility copper sulphate water room temperature: https://tinyurl.im/zjmhW