As a single mom is it bad to bring different guys around my daughter?

My daughter is 18 months old, and i have in the past brought differnt guys around her. I havent really done anything more except allowed them into my home and hung out with them. I never leave my daughter alone with men. But I have noticed that ever since she became a toddeler, she resents guys that i meet. When they come over she is distant. Also, she starts crying if they hug me (all of them). Psycologically what is this doing to her as far as attatchment issues and etc.

i don't think it is a good idea to keep bringing different men in to her life if you don't know were the friendship will go and how long it will last for it might start to affect her people keep coming in and out of her life.

if you are trying to start a new relationship perhaps it would be better to have them around after she has gone to bed or if you have someone than can baby sit meet them out, then when the relationship hits of then start to introduce her to him.

• KPNJ

Are you seriously asking this? What in heaven's name would posses you to be so careless around your child like this? It doesn't matter if you never leave your daughter alone with them or not. Bringing different men to your house creates instability for your daughter to see strangers coming into her temple. Think of your house as your temple, a sanctuary where your child feels safe and is comfortable expressing herself. There is truth to the saying some is where the heart is..By you bringing men into her space, then your house is no longer a stable environment for her emotionally, which is why she is distant when they come. Wake up mom, that's her way of telling you they are not wanted in her space but she feels powerless to verbally express that to you so she behaves by being distant and crying. She now has to deal with strangers coming in and crossing her boundaries and on top of that has to fight for your attention? Children need stability, they need physical stability and emotional stability..you are taking her stability away when you bring men into her home. She doesn't have the ability to tell you, please for the sake of your daughter get a babysitter and tell her mommy is going to watch a movie and go to their house not yours where your child is. As a grown woman you should date but leave your love life and your children separate.

Source(s): mom

its not only bad its irresponsible, selfish and stupid to say the least. A. youre teaching a young girl its ok to run through me, B. youre letting them @ your daughter and you dont really get time to know them C. what if she gets attached to 1 and really starts to like them then they go away and here comes someone else, there goes the daddy complex. totally a bad idea for your daugher OR son period. You go to THEIR house and hang out, kids do not need to know your business.

Source(s): 3 boys
  • Cyn

Don't bring guys around your daughter unless you're serious about them.

At 18 months she is just being possesive over you and why shouldn't she be since you're the only parent in her life/the only constant in her life.

at that age they are beginning to make connections with people. so without a father figure they are becoming attached to the men you bring home so when they continue to leave she is upset. Maybe you should cool it with introducing her to so many different guys. call a babysitter and stay out sometime.

Do you want her to think that it is acceptable to bring guys home.

My husband has a daughter. We dated for 2 years and we lived together before we were married. His daughter didn't know I even existed until we were engaged and she still thinks I moved in after we were married.

It's not fair to the kid don't bring anyone around them that they can get attached to until you find "THE ONE" you are setting her up for heart break and to think you are a tramp.

Yeah, I'd say it's bad. I feel that if a guy likes you then he HAS to like you kid(s) and to do that he should have to prove himself to you. If you continue having her meet differant men then when she grows up she won't trust any cause her mommy always brought strangers home. Even though their not strangers to you, they are to your daughter.

well all i can think of it that your child does not want to compete for your affection and that maybe how she sees it or depending on weather the child knows the father it could also be seen as a that's not daddy approach as well. i would suggest talking to a development physiologist other wise known as a child shrink to find out other reasons.

seriously? this shouldn't even be a question. you should not be exposing your daughter to this. would you like it if your mom brought a bunch of different guys around you as a baby/kid?