What are the benefits of owning an umbrella stroller?

There is a Maclaren Daytripper on sale at Toy's R Us so I am wondering if it would be a worthwhile purchase.

So...

Do you own a regular pram as well?

In what circumstances do you use your umbrella stroller?

Thanks!

An umbrella stroller is WAY easier to transport. It is perfect for errands. Baby has to be able to hold themselves up.

A regular stroller is ideal for someone who shops and shops, takes children out for walks, goes to the state fair, museums. It's more comfortable for a longer-term use, but hell to get in and out of many vehicles.

Do you need both? Only you would know that. I have no need to take an infant in a stroller since I have a nice back yard, but if you live in the city, the walk to the park can be long. I would stick with an umbrella stroller.

Umbrella strollers are best to use on travels! They are light, compact, easy to carry and affordable. Some may say that they're not as comfortable but you can find decent ones that have enough padding and reclining capabilities to make your baby feel comfortable during his/her nap time such as Chicco's or Maclaren's.

Source(s): This can help you, <a href="http://www.momsbestumbrellastrollersreview.com">ht...

I don't own one, I love my jogging stroller by safety first.

But the pros of umbrella strollers are their size, weight and over all portability. If you're traveling, it would be easier to carry.

You may find this website useful when thinking about what type of stroller would suit you. It's a big decision and there are a lot of things to consider.

The site gives opinions and comparisons that may help. http://buyingbabystrollers.com

They're light and easily portable and cheap. Good for when you don't want to carry a lot of stuff or are going out on short trips.

The drawback is they're just not as comfy. You also don't have a place to but a diaper bag and such.

I had both.