Met Egyptian boy in Egypt: I'm very confused about his feelings. Help!?

I just came back from 2 weeks spent in Egypt. On the ship, I almost fell for one of the waiters. At first he used to play jokes with me, but I didn't really care as he did that with all the other tourists. But he had something fascinating so that I couldn't stop observing him, the way he did things, he... show more I just came back from 2 weeks spent in Egypt. On the ship, I almost fell for one of the waiters. At first he used to play jokes with me, but I didn't really care as he did that with all the other tourists. But he had something fascinating so that I couldn't stop observing him, the way he did things, he worked, talked to others, but still we didn't talk much (he was extremely busy and I didn't want to give the impression of "stalking" egyptian waiters while they were at work). But I managed to find some good moments to chat, even briefly. He asked me once, like for joking, if I would ever marry him later, and I said "NO!", he was embarrassed and I explained that in western countries we never get married at 19, something like that. I know it is the typical situation of western girl falling for a "pretending-to-love-her" local guy who might just want to get a visa for Europe, but the letter he wrote to me before I left revealed something strange: he said he was happy of getting to know me, that he wished he could come to France -I'm french- but it was not possible for some reasons he couldn't tell me and that he knew that we would never meet again...briefly, a nice goodbye, with no phone numbers, no email addresses, nothing. I thought "ok, he's getting married to an egyptian girl/ he's already married" blablabla. I appreciated his apparently honest words. But still, I left him my cellph number cause I couldn't stand leaving without being able to contact him later on. So we are sending some sms, not very often (due to the high tarifs and to the fact that his french and english are poor and my arabic equals to 0), the few times we've been on the phone he always said me he loved me (i guess it's the only thing he can say in english).....the fact is: is he playing with me as he might have done with others? why should he tell me that we would never meet again, leave no contact number/email address and then keep saying that he loves me? (he said "i love u" only after I answered his letter back saying I would like to keep in touch). I just want to figure out whether he is one of those "visa-catchers" or just genuine. Can't ask him this directly because the language gap between us is really huge. If you can give any advice, opinion, or just some arabic lessons I would be really grateful!