Why did the US invade Iraq and not North Korea?

The foundation of my arguement is based upon facts. When the US invaded Iraq, Bush said that Saddam Hussain was hiding "Weapons of Mass Destuction", and till this day there hasnt been a single trace of them. And then later on the search for the WOMD seemed to contort into freeing the Iraq population from Hussain's Regime.

On the other hand, people in N. Korea are seen tortured and killed. Mass executions, etc. And the most important point, North Korea says it itself that it has Nuclear Weapons, etc, but yet the US does nothing.....why do you suppose that is....if someone can give me a legitimate explanation

Was it the oil, as i have heard.....

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

The problem with North Korea is that they're WAY too close to South Korea. They COULD decimate Seoul if it were threatened. The US doesn't want to invade unless they actually have to, since USFK (US Forces Korea) is a large presence in the area.

On the other hand, the Middle East is far and away from the US's interests. They could care less, as long as they have easy access to oil.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bush brought us into the war in false pretenses so he could take out saddam. Oil is money my friend. We all know that bush could have had a clean invasion of N Korea, but after 9/11 he felt he had to do something because the public felt he had to do something.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All that work just to get your tired old "Oil" argument out there. Bush is gone now. Hello???? Is anybody in there?

Yes, the USA has stole billions of gallons of Iraqi oil. That is why our oil is so cheap. We are stealing it from Iraq and smuggling it home in.......well I'm not sure how we are doing it but I know we are just awash in the free oil that we are stealing from the Iraqi people. Yes that is it all right. Free oil. Cheep oil. Bush and Cheney and oh yes, Haliburton, yes that's it, stealing oil. That is why we are in Iraq. Bush is stealing oil. Lots and lots of oil. Free for the taking.

Wait, Obama is in charge now. Oh no, don't tell me he is stealing oil too. Oh no. Can't be. Obama and Biden are stealing oil from Iraq? Biden has stock in Haliburton?

Yeah, it's the oil. Or is Obama still looking for WMD's?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Saddam had WMD. Saddam used illegal Mustard Gas to kill the Kurds in Operation Anfal. Saddam invaded Kuwait and had intentions of doing it again. Saddam had to be liquidated. Either the U.S. or Iran was going to invade Iraq and liquidate Saddam and his hence men.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

last time we fought them, they kicked our *** into submission, or, to save a little face, American history books call it a truce.

the USA wasn't afraid to lie about Saddam's WMD

but, N. Korea, and Iran would actually fight back

any real man who is not afraid to fight would say, America has no Heart

• 1 decade ago

You don't read the news in depth. One word prevents the US from overrunning North Korea. The same word that stopped us in 1952.

China.

As for Iraq, Bush gave them plenty of time to ship their WMD to Syria. Idiot.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.