can i join the army with GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)?

i have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and i heard that if you take the physical and you have it you are disqualified from joining the army true or false?

true

When I was an infant I was diagnosed with GERD as well. My younger cousin who is 5 now also was diagnosed with GERD as an infant. She was on AXID and it took a few days. It does with all GI medications - the drugs have to settle into your stomach enzymes, etc, to cause them to produce less acid. I'm almost 21 now and I have been on lots of upper GI drugs, usually within a week everything starts working and you'll experience significant relief. My cousin who is now 5 and was diagnosed at infancy currently doesn't complain or show any GERD symptoms, so AXID does work from what I have witnessed. Good luck. I'm not a mother yet, but I know how stressful it was to watch my baby cousin go through it & know that there wasn't much I could do. My mom used to rub me down with baby oil when I would get into crying fits because of it, or she'd give me a warm bath to try and soothe me. Usually it helped relax me at least a little.

I suppose that's true if you reveal the symptoms about GERD. This is a hard one to detect except for the chronic indigestion that comes with it.

There are enough pills to take that cut the discomfort and nothing that can control GERD, except a fully digested last meal before bed time.

Uncle Sam does not knowingly allow itself to inherit such problems. Once you become a member of the armed forces and the condition it so noted in your medical files, it becomes a VA problem for the rest of your life.

uh i dont think that will be a problem. as long as its not a heart problem or something affecting your vision or hearing and of course your not immobile. then you should be fine. if needed you can try to get a wavier. they can get a wavier for just about anything lol seriously!!