Did my vet break the law? 20 characters..?

I took my 8yr old pitbull "Chloe" to the vet last week to check up on a cough and a weird mole on her shoulder. Dr. Otto (for the most part) was pretty nice and offered to lazer off the mole for 1/2 price because Chloe was so sweet to him. I happily agreed and waited in the lobby. When he was done, we... show more I took my 8yr old pitbull "Chloe" to the vet last week to check up on a cough and a weird mole on her shoulder. Dr. Otto (for the most part) was pretty nice and offered to lazer off the mole for 1/2 price because Chloe was so sweet to him. I happily agreed and waited in the lobby.

When he was done, we went back into the exam room and he listened to her lungs than said her cough was nothing to worry about -- "just a bull dog being a bulldog" whatever that meant.. but than opted for a steroid shot. I said "No thanks" because my neighbors dog died from one of those.. but he IGNORED ME AND STUCK HER ANYWAY. Than said "No worries, on the house" like I was worried about the money.. which I wasn't. Than he prescribed me a weeks worth of steroid PILLS on top of that.. but I had to pay for those (even tho I didn't WANT them).

I gave her 1 pill at the time he told me too, than a few hours later, my dog was panting really hard on the floor and wouldn't drink. Her gums turned paper white so we rushed her to the E-vet (emergency vet, open 24/7). He said it was because of the steroids and the vet should never have given them to her because of her age, and that "any intern would know that"

My question is.. did my vet (my OLD vet) break the law by going behind my back and giving her the shot, even after I clearly said NO? Is there anything I can do? I'm thinking about sueing him for the price of the Emergency Vet bill.