? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

any young parents out there?

hey i am a 19 year old mum of a little girl and love it. I was just was just wanting to know how other young parents were managing. I start uni recently and feel it will be hard.

do you get people treating you differently? i never have but i have mnay mates who have kids who hate going out as think they will be judged.

• Favourite answer

23 here. My daughter's 4, 5 on Halloween. She was born when I was just shy of 19, albeit to my sister. I've raised her from birth though.

I have been judged. I live in a city where teen parenting is highly, highly looked down on. I knew I would be when I took on the responsibility, but that doesn't make it any easier. It doesn't help that I look younger than I am.

Still, I'm college educated. Finished college on time, early actually, since I started when I was 16, from being home-schooled.

I have a good career and dual job, am doing better than most people do in their entire life actually, money wise. We have a nice place to live. Plenty of resources to provide my daughter with all she'll ever need and want, and more. Young or old doesn't truly make much difference. It's more the fact that young parents are traditionally ill-suited to parenting due more to circumstance than due to their nature or their age.

im 18, i had my daughter when i was 17. i always get looks from people. i hate it, i don't regret having her though. i would do anything for her, but when i go out to places people that don't know me judge me. i hear it all the time, and when i was in school people started all kinds of rumors about me. i almost quit school because i couldn't take the pressure of being pregnant and going to school and dealing with the drama there...but i graduated and its all behind me, now i just have to deal with everyone else.

I'm 26 not quite that young though!

I have two kids at school, triplets in nusery, a 10month old at home and am pregnant! Thank God hubby has good job, i was 19 when i fell pregnant with Harley and 20 when i had her