Pulled Hamstring how to heal quickly...?

Hey,

I pulled my hamstring on the trampoline...and I have been running for cross country lately...The annual Terry Fox run is at my school this Friday and I want it to be better so I can run...It was okay the first day then the second day it felt a bit better and today it feels really tight and it hurts to walk...

What is the best thing I can do so It heals faster?

I know I shouldnt run everyday for Cross country for a while... what else?

Thanks!

RICE, rest, ice, compress (elastic wrap), and elevate, above your heart. (Lie flat on a bed and put your leg on a pillow.) You can take ibuprofen or naprosyn, with food, if you don't have stomach or blood pressure problems. After 48 hours, you can start using heat.

Then start simple stretch exercises, leg raises to the side, front, and back a couple of times a day. 10 reps, two or three times. Just go as high as the beginning of discomfort.

Source(s): Personal experience and eight years editing medical accident reports.