im trying to become straight and i dont understand why im not seeing any results?

i dont understand i am doing everything the ex gay sites said i should do: finding male role models, befriending males, calling guys "dude," trying to adopt masculine mannerisms, etc, i even gave up a lot of old hobbies that i really loved but were too feminine. and i stopped listening to madonna who i used to be a big fan of in order to try to be straight. but after all this i still cant seem to get turned on by girls. please help, why isnt it working for me ive read that other people have been able to change their sexuality so what am i doing wrong

but i dont want to be gay its weird and i wish i were straight how can i at least hide it?

i cant see a therapist :(

but all the websites said to be straight you have to put yourself around straight men more, not women!?!? i am so confused!!

Because you are still thinking about it. You have to stop thinking about it, and its not going to happen overnight, it takes time. I was once gay for a few months and I had to get away from things like internet pornography and put myself around women more and the less I thought about it, the more I started becoming like my old self again. If you are constantly thinking sad thoughts, or living in a sad environment, you will become depressed. If you are constantly playing violent videogames, you will become desensitized to violence. Well the same can be said about being gay. I know from experience and definitely cured myself.

P.S. I think that people miss the connection. You connected listening to Madonna with being gay. But I think theres a link in the connection that people miss.

It's being open minded. That's the missing link.

Open Minded = Listening to Madonna

Open Minded = Thinking about being gay or trying something that you wouldn't normally try if you were close minded.

So I dont think you listen to madonna because you are gay, I think you listen to her because you are open minded, and people who are more open minded, are probably more likely to look at gay internet porn, or start questioning whether they are gay or if they could ever be gay. The more they think about it, the more they are open minded to it, the more the idea grows on them or they begin to enjoy it.

Just what I've noticed from my experience, just get your mind off it. There's like 100 times more gay people in the world now than there was 20 years ago. I don't think its because more people are coming out of the closet, I think that theres just more influences out there for open minded people to be susceptible too. There was no brokeback mountain movies, no internet, no "emo" style. The more influences there are, the more open minded people there are who will be influenced. Just my two cents.

i slept with trannies croosdressers, i certainly slept with over a hundred women

here's what i learned:

1. if u like something or have a fantasy do it just dont go thinking that u have to do it forever

2. if u like men u like men nothing wrong with it dont try to run from urself because others r running from u

3. what u cant understand when u try to be straight is that ur doin nothin but an act infront of urself.

4. dont care what people think, if ur into cock it doesnt mean u have to hate pussy

5. dont change for anyone, and u dont need an id badge to say oh ur gay or oh ur straight

6. dont change for women specifically it can have a bad damaging effect on u health cause usually its not worth it

7 live life and stay away from negative thoughts, be free and enjoy everyones comany

8. dont judge people and dont judge urself

9. avoid masturbation and sex for a while and see how relaxed u become

10. noone owes u anything and u dont owe anyone ****

11, at the end of the day learn to forgive urself and satisfy urself, i mean u like a bit of cock so what doesnt mean u hve to conform to gay ****. trust me i love givin hand jobs and love to make a woman orgasm, damn i just got an idea about doin it at the same time

take it easy dont waste ur time and dont listen to what ur head tells u, love urself as u gonna be u for a long time, and if someone doesnt like they can get ******

Like the other person said, if you're really gay its because you were born that way. There have been gays since the beginning of time, it's not just a recent discovery. If you yourself is fine with being gay then stay gay. If you aren't then try being bi, or try hanging out with girls and making out with them, go into more intimacy or whatever but be safe. If that still doesn't work, then obviously you are meant to be gay so embrace it and enjoy life. Hope this was helpful and Good Luck :)

you as a person should nt have to change to become straight, bein a straight guy, doesnt mean you have to go around callin people dude. Be who you are no matter what sex you like. As far as being attracted to woman, try to find a woman to have an amazing time with. If you can have a few really great experiences that would probably help more than forgetting who you are, which you should nt have to do.

Because your not supposed to be straight. Something inside of you is wired to be gay and that's OK! Other guys who say they've turned from gay to straight are lying. They are probably miserable, but doing it to be accepted or because they think they have to. Wrong! Or they were never truly gay to begin with and are on this site because they believe being gay is wrong and are trying to change others. Again, Wrong!

Be yourself, like what you like and join a support group who will accept you for you and nothing less. Be it a gay support group or a self esteem group, etc.

Forget all of that. You cannot become straight. It's not a choice, it's not a learned behaviour.

You either are straight, or you're not. Accept this and enjoy the life you have, and forget about trying to become what you are not.

Bottom line: There is NO way to become straight.

Source(s): I'm gay, I know what it's like.

Your mind is a powerful thing to change. And when you've tried everything that you think. I have one last option for you. Hypnosis might be your only chance of change. Otherwise, do what your comfortable with, and deal w/society.

This probably is not what you want to hear, but you can't change it. Its in your genetics. The only way to be happy and at peace is to accept it. If you really can't do that yet, then just hide it. But DON'T deny it. Trust me, it will do horrible things to you and your self-esteem. Just learn self acceptance. Try googling it. :) Good Luck and prayers.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might tend to incriminate me..

And I'm not allowed to give you my exact thoughts by the hierarchy...

Rachelle In High Heels

Are you seeing a therapist? Therapists work wonders for various things. I am seeing a therapist right now, just not one for that.