Nice meaningful quotes for tattoos?

I would like to get a nice shortish quote tattooed onto my back but i cant think of any.

I would like it to be something meaningful, deep and maybe a little creepy or dark. But nothing weird.

Thanks

• Ozone

"With a Heart made of Steel, i smash through everything"

A tattoo is so personal and it takes a long time to get to that feeling of "This is it." I have a tattoo, but I don't have a quote and I too am on the look out for something that sounds ME. My advise to you is to look towards a singer with some awesome lyrics, a poet, a writer... someone that you look up to that has some kick butt things to say.

I personally like Ani DiFranco. If you are passionate about women's rights (and that's putting her work in a nutshell... she's amazing) then she is an artist you can check out.

My ma has a saying of hers on her shoulder "One Righteous Babe"

I kinda like "Someone Call The Girl Police

To be honest, if you have to ask Yahoo for tattoo ideas you shouldn't get one. It should not be inspired by stranger's responses off the internet.

If you want to get a tattoo, think about what you hold close to your heart, something that you deeply respect and will be meaningful when the tattoo no longer looks good on you (cause one day it will look horrible).

To actually answer your question though, Chinese proverbs are short and very insightful in my opinion.

when I turn 18 I'm getting a quote from the Serenity Prayer, which goes like this:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I also love "quod me nutrit me destruit" which means what nourishes me, destroys me. but now it has all kind of weird connotations, idk.

Life is like a box chocalates. You never know what your gonna get.

a lesson learned is priceless gain if you can take the sting

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"

Edgar Allan Poe

Source(s): My good taste