Why are Jehovah Witness afraid of Ecclesiastes 3 and Romans 14?

Why are Jehovah Witness afraid of Ecclesiastes 3 and Romans 14?

Update:

Sorry it's too large for me to put here. But I can supply you with a link to the 2 chapters...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecc%20...

Update 2:

sunshine I find it funny how you can so easily strait out lie when you know very well that the watchtower does not emphasize these chapters you are busy reading your magazines about how saluting the flag is wrong while their is real missionaries in other countries risking their lives trying to preach the truth of Jesus Christ God manifest in the flesh.

Update 3:

sunshine you say you believe in the Word of God but you read magazines and articles written by men in Brooklyn who think they are God but on the outside profess to be slaves of God. If you truely believed that then you would read the bible verse by verse not Watchtower Magazine then Verse. Why don't you read Ecclesiastes 3 and Romans 14 on your own or do you fear the Word of God?

Update 4:

To Learn the truth and more about Jehovah Witness visit this link

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/J...

Update 5:

Peace Loving Hippy Chick you find nothing scary about those verses because you are not brainwashed by the Jehovah Witness'

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

The JW I talked to loved Ecclesiastes. That's odd, I thought Matthew, Mark and Luke were the most miraculous books in the Bible. Oh, the JWs hate those books too because they make it clear that Jesus appeared before many after the resurrection. Romans 14 is cool and completely goes against the Russelite doctrine. However, the Lord is certainly not the god of the dead and the living. He's the God of the Living and not of the dead. Jesus said so. I believe Jesus because He's my only Teacher, my only Master.

Romans 14:9: For Christ died and lived again for this very purpose, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Matthew 22:31-33 (Amplified Bible)

31But as to the resurrection of the dead--have you never read what was said to you by God,

32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead but of the living!(A)

33And when the throng heard it, they were astonished and filled with [[a]glad] amazement at His teaching.

• Helene
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Revelation 3:14 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. No. Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. No Colossians goes straight on to say: "For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." So Jesus is YHWH, Jehovah, Elohim, Lord, Creator of all things. Praise Him!! PS Jehovah's witnesses are not Christians, they are fakers, like Christian spiritualists. JW's are close, but making Jesus an angel is just wrong, and denies the true power of Grace and the Gospel.

• I admit that I have no idea what it is that you are accusing us of! I, for one, am not afraid at all of these two books. In fact, I have highlighted many verses for future usage!

You ask us to learn the truth about Jehovah's Witnesses, to Jehovah's Witnesses?! I am living and breathing the air of our faith - so I should know the truth!

We are the least "brainwashed" people going! If anything, our minds are clear from all that we were taught before we came to know about Jehovah and His Son.

Every year, the entire bible is studied!

Perhaps you would point out the particular scriptures that you feel we are afraid of?

I also have a feeling that you have emailed me (very politely), trying to point to me that Jesus is God. I did reply to the scriptures you quoted and also have tons more that show Jesus to be the Son. Also, it is quite impossibly for Jesus to come back in the flesh! This would make a mockery of what he came to the earth for in the first place! He is a spirit creature and gave up his fleshly body when he died for us. What sacrifice would he have given if he was to come back again?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why on earth would Jehovah`s Witnesses be "afraid" of those passages ???? Where is your proof ???? I`ve never heard any of them say "we`re afraid of Ecclesiastes 3 and Romans 14" ............ have YOU ????

As for your 2nd link , I`ve never read such baloney in my life ! In his statement .................."That’s right, JW’s believe that Michael became Jesus! I find no biblical evidence to even remotely support this crazy teaching. Anyone who denies that God Almighty came in the flesh is a liar." ............... the author insists that God and Jesus are one and the same , yet he avoids explaining how , if that were true , Jesus was resurrected from the dead !!

When the author said "I find no biblical evidence to even remotely support this crazy teaching" ...... is he implying he`s the absolute extreme authority on the Bible , and if HE can`t find something in the Bible , it simply doesn`t exist ???? Who is he anyways ???? Is he also implying he`s God`s spokesman on earth ????

He avoids completely the explanation of how a totally dead , lifeless God/Jesus could resurrect Himself !

Maybe YOU can explain that ????

The entire article consists of these omissions , innuendos , self-serving untrue "facts" such as Jehovah`s Witnesses being servants of Satan , etc .

God says in the Bible that the true religion will be know because of His name , and will be hated because of His name .

Do you know of any other religious group that uses Jehovah`s name ???? Do you know of any other religious group that is hated because of Jehovah`s name ????

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Jehovahs Witnesses are not scared of anything that is written in the bible.

They are afraid of displeasing their creator Jehovah God though.

Source(s): www.watchtower.org
  • Katie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Quote it for us will you so those of us who are lazy don't have to drag out their Bibles.

Edit- I like the song that came from the Ecclesiastes verses. I see nothing scary in those verses though.

Edit2- cough, born and bred tbh, but I kinda stopped going early last year.

• 1 decade ago

They have also written scarce little on Deut. 18:20-22

I really don't get why any JW would be afraid of these books / chapters. I was quite well versed in those chapters as a JW.

Why don't you go ahead and make your point. If I don't get it as a severe critic of JWs, I really don't see how any JW will understand your point either.

• 1 decade ago

We're not: "all scripture is inspired of God" 2 Timothy 3: 16 and therefore part of God's word that we love dearly.

You might like to get a more accurate understanding of Jehovah's Witnesses.

What do Jehovah's Witnesses believe?

scroll down (to the table)

http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/article_03.htm

Frequently asked questions FAQ

http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/article_08.htm

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

who is jehovah and what was witnessed?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

AAAAGGGHH!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHH! RUN!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.