Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 decade ago

Sony Trinitron TV remote control (RM-Y173) appears to have "croaked." Ever successfully "reset" one?

Oddly enough, OTHER Sony remote controls can still control the TV. Even better, some elements of the RM-Y173 still control some elements of the TV. But what can no longer be controlled are volume and MUTING. Inconvenient as heck. In a pinch, I'll get a "universal remote" and recycle the RM-Y173. But before bailing I thought I'd give the Yahoo! ANSWERS community a chance to shine. Show me some stuff!

the rubber contacts of the key pad are dirty and or worn out. you can take the remote apart and clean the rubber and the pcb with alcohol and a q tip.

It's BROKE...no reset on these, especially with your problem of no volume or mute. You have a broken line on your remote.

You can use practically ANY original Sony remote on ANY Sony TV set....and they are the best replacement for Sony TVs.

https://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ecom/accessories...

Source(s): Over 28 years servicing TV sets.