Ben asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Do i need Criminal record Background check (CRB) to enter a nursing home?

Hi

i am a milk man and i deliver to nursing homes,

one of them ask me to actually go inside the kitchen and put the milk away for them because they are to lazy.

i was told today by 1 of my friends that it is actually illegal for me to go inside even only in the kitchen because all people need a Criminal record background check

is this actually true??

No-it's a load of rubbish.

An enhanced CRB is required for those who work regularly and are often in charge of young people and/or vulnerable adults.These tend to be Youth Workers,Teachers,Nurses etc.

As you would never be left alone with the OAP's,or indeed,have contact with them,then there's no need for you to get one.

Source(s): Youth Development Worker

1

Source(s): Background Checks Search Database - http://backgroundchecks.raiwi.com/?PhGl

No, it's not true that anyone going into a care home needs a CRB check - if that was the case then visiting family would need a check! Only those who have contact with vulnerable people need a CRB check, and as you're just going into the kitchen, and will not have contact with any of the residents, you do not need a check.

No, it is only for people employed there. You are not employed there -- you move about. If you needed a CRB check, then so would every plumber and electrician they called in! Not to mention visiting family and friends!

It's a good excuse, though!

Hang on a sec. I am a 16 year old boy who works at a railway depot, and I needed one when we had children round. You need one if you are going to work with any vulnerable people... elderly people are classed into that category I'm afraid.

call the Republicans please? There already are historic past exams for gun purchases from any approved broking. there has been for years so I have not got any concept why it concerns on the 2d. yet while the historic past exams grew to grow to be needed, over 60% of the denied purchases have been because of in basic terms typos or clerical blunders. additionally the Clinton Justice branch refused to prosecute convicted felons that tried to purchase weapons dealing with the device. What solid did it do? how lots of people who meant to purchase the gun for criminal purposes do you think basically gave up their existence of crime and grew to grow to be a effective citizen basically because of fact they could no longer legally purchase a gun? i think the respond is none of them. i've got not got a topic with historic past exams, yet there is relatively no data that it has had any valuable result on crime. So why do it different to to make it greater of a topic for the regulation abiding gun proprietor, that's the sole element that maximum so called gun administration regulations do.

In Ireland you need garda (police) clearance to even enter a nursing home, old folks home, creche, school etc. so I guess the laws in other countries could be similar. The point of it is to protect more vulnerable members of society.

no! you only need one to work there, if your not getting poor old betty up and dressed and making her breakfast you dont need a crb....imagine....all the relatives of residents being crb'd befor they can visit their grannies!

and who ever gave me a thumbs down is ridiculous. my answer is honest and truthful

Source(s): worked in many homes. visited many elderly in their own homes before working there...had to have a crb to work

I honestly don't know, it is a grey area. Check out the website for more info.

Source(s): Been checked as I volunteer at a school.

Hi there,

For a full beckground report about anyone,

this service is the perfect solution http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=178