Wbaldo
Wbaldo asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

What makes the white part in my eyes yellow?

I went to the doctor twice and have been referred to go see a G.I. twice. It has been confirmed that I have no jaundice. However, the yellow in my eyes annoying, and I wasn't born with my eyes yellow, they were white before. I have understood that the yellowing of the eyes is a sign that there is a byproduct of red blood cells, which are now waste and stored in the liver; thus, this waste is cause of yellow skin, yellow eyes. I have no yellow skin, but yes yellow eyes. I am now considering trying a Detox product(one from GNC) for the cleansing of my colon/liver. I have been eating some unhealthy stuff for about a while(too much coffee cake in 1 sitting(about 10 servings), too much chocolate, sugar, brownies, processed foods(lean cuisine, hot pockets), fast food, peanut butter, etc). Another thing about my eating habit is I don't really check for the expiration date, but most of the coffee cake I eat tastes the same any way even when the date states expired. I am considering having a new life style that includes carrots and fresh food. In conclusion, is it safe and highly recommended for a detox product?

This one to be exact: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=216...

Stick with the doctors, don' t waste your time with these bogus detox products. They don't work and just take your money. If what you ate caused your yellow eyes, which it didn't, mine would have been bright yellow for years. I suggest you go see an opthomologist, an eye specialist, and see what he or she may think of it--- take your full medical history with you.

Don't try bogus products :they do more harm then good.

It can be your liver acting up.

And it is actually very common and not dangerous to have a bit of yellow eyes at all

Colors

Source(s): Biology degree

Kidney and liver issues can effect the whites of your eyes.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/yellow_eyes.htm

according to this site there are over 300 causes for your condition. start narrowing them down with the help of your doctor. good luck. start with the most common ones.

Smoking can make your eyes yellow.

Does your boyfriend call you "my tiger?" Well, here's your answer...