Anonymous

Do some women choose to become crazy cat ladies at old age?

I chose to be a crazy cat lady in my mid twenties

I think it has to do with loneliness, not age. But most women get lonely when their children leave home and/or their husband passes away. Some never have children or a husband. So they turn to animals for companionship, since they have no one else around anymore. Past companionship, women have a natural drive to be nurturers. Once they have no more children to raise or husband to care for (or if they never had them in the first place), it gives them a purpose to take in and care for animals, since animals will always need their care. I think that's why you have far more "crazy cat ladies" then "crazy cat men". Men are naturally driven to provide, and if you've notice a lot of old men with no wife and no kids tend to be hoarders of junk rather than animals.

I don't think the 'crazy' part is accurate, but some women have cats because they want companionship.

i don't think it is a conscious decision, it just happens. i can't imagine it is any ones life goal to become a crazy cat lady.

I extremely do no longer think of of you're loopy. I extremely have 7 cats. i began out off with 2 and took in a pregnant stray that had kittens. i understand people think of of i'm insane, yet i could desire to no longer care much less. My house is sparkling, my animals responsibly cared for. I purely evaluate myself to have an more desirable stepped forward view of the international in that i'm getting exhilaration from and love animals. you would be proud, who cares what people think of of in spite of everything. I extremely does no longer advise attending to any quantity greater cats till at last you're settled in an prolonged term residing house like a house, because of the fact of actuality no longer in ordinary words does it make it very problematical to discover a place to stay yet you will no longer % for to be confronted with giving up the cats in some unspecified time interior the destiny. i might advise volunteering at a cat rescue society close to to you. as quickly as you have greater advantageous time you're able to desire to foster kittens that are to youthful to be on their own till at last finally they get pronounced, maximum rescue societies are desperate for people to objective this. That way you will get that new kitten extreme each and each and each and all of the time, and understand you're doing an particularly impressive element.

90% of husbands die first. Cats are easier to take care of than dogs, so there's your answer!

Source(s): I love pets :) I'll be an old crazy pet lady when I'm old.

personally i think that's less of a choice and more of a mental breakdown, a biological clock going off and you either have kids or collect cats kinda deal

Source(s): folks don't normally choose to go nuts they just do

this is for kiwi bird-o, i m sure u will be a good crazy cat! ha ha

And a damn good choice I might add. It's why us men choose to check out half a century before you lot.

and what's wrong with cats? they're so cute!