I want to understand the concept of earths rotation (May be its a silly question)?

Science has proved that the earth rotates and due to gravity we don't feel that we too are rotating along. My question is, Imagine that from a point A, I vertically go up in the space above the earth(like in a helicopter). Stay there without moving horizontally and after some hours come back vertically as I... show more Science has proved that the earth rotates and due to gravity we don't feel that we too are rotating along. My question is, Imagine that from a point A, I vertically go up in the space above the earth(like in a helicopter). Stay there without moving horizontally and after some hours come back vertically as I went up. now I should land in a different point other than A since earth would have rotated some distance. Does this logic work ???