Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastEgypt · 1 decade ago

is an egyptian allowed to sleep at a villa with european friends in egypt? (with girls and boys)?

for our graduation trip, we are boys and girls who want to rent a villa in egypt (sharm el sheikh). im the only egyptian and have an egyptian passport, and the rest are europeans boys and girls

It's allowed and the Police also is allowed to enter rented furnished places anytime without previous permissions or notice, so take care.

• Judith

Well.. I've always felt that it was weird loving or hating a piece of land.. and I always associated Egypt with the few dear memories I had there, and those memories I truelly loved, but I wasnt sure about my feelings towards the country itself. I'd always thought that if I was to move some place else and have memories there I would love it equally and consider it my country. I'm still a bit confused about my identity to be honest.. I dont know what makes somebody Egyptian, French, American,... or whatever. Is it the culture? The birth place? The language? The memories? Thats why I never considered myself 100% Egyptian, eventhough I carry an Egyptian passport. I was greatly affected by other cultures as well. I was affected to the point that I had to learn Arabic at summer just to be able to speak it again when all the other 'normal' kids my age where fluent. Well back to your question, I'm sorry I was a little offtopic, or maybe I wasnt!Anyway, I discovered that I really love this country. I hate the system, I hate the attitudes of some people, I hate the choas BUT I love Egypt! I dont know how that happend but it did. I realized I felt like that when I was watching this soccer match, Egypt was playing against Sudan.I found myself supporting Egypt like a soccer fanatic and I dont even like the game! I found out that I'm supporting my country eventhough I've been to Sudan before, I've had nice memories there but something is missing..its not my country! That made me think that I was probably wrong..

this is probably an old fashioned idea, but why don't you ask your parents or a close but older relative. They have your best interests at heart as well as knowing the legal situation and local situation. Sharm is a very laid back place compared to many other egyptian cities. but i personally think its great idea and a trip you will remember for the rest of your life. something that will enforce the friendship bonds you have already made and only add to your own experiences of life and what you want for your future. Good luck i hops it works well for you.

iam egyption and i work in toursim fr along tiome for being egyption and sleepwith europe thatunleggal in egypt u will have alot of proplems from the police andmay be u put in gell that not allowed in egypt and that clear in hotels too no egyption can be with europe unless they have amrried paper underone roof so that doent matter villa or what else u will cause proplems from the police i dont meen high officers no even less soldiers can make u trouble in that in sharm especially sharm so su as u like want take thechanllenge as u like dont ever do that if u are egyption that my experiance bro i work in egypt in toursim so i know all about that for ,ore oinformation if u wanna know contact me on bat_89man@yahoo.com

• Nono

usually in egypt when there is a group or guys and girls going on a trip together, then rent two separate units (villas, rooms whatever) one for guys and one for girls!

"is an egyptian allowed to sleep at a villa with european friends in egypt? (with girls and boys)?"

That would be your first step to no-no my friend. You won't only have boys and girls. You would have devils too. ;)

• Caesar

Ok .. Loook Mista ..

First : I am sure you can control yourself. i dont see a reason why you can not do it. Except that if .. umm .. something happens , you know.

You are allowed to do it as long as nothing happens. if something happens and got reported to the police .. you are the first one going down.

ma3rafsh ya 3am enta .. ento elly 3arfeen nafsokom mesh e7na :D

haha i like how you are winking while asking this question, graduation trip with young guys and girls sleeping under one roof at a villa........lol i think you know the answer to this one, you stud muffin you ; )

• Kiwi

If you mean by "allowed" the legal point of view, of course you can.

A vila is a private place, it is not like a hotel room where hotel regulations apply!

I don't see anything wrong with that , unless it's not going to be more than ' sleep ' , you know what I mean , don't you?