Why is it wrong to "steal" somebody's girlfriend ?

I've never been able to understand this. Women are not property, they don't belong to anybody so they can't be taken from anybody. They're humans and they have free will which they can exercise. If I'm attracted to a woman who has a boyfriend , and I think she could do way better than him, why... show more I've never been able to understand this. Women are not property, they don't belong to anybody so they can't be taken from anybody. They're humans and they have free will which they can exercise. If I'm attracted to a woman who has a boyfriend , and I think she could do way better than him, why would it be wrong if I spent five minutes trying to convince her to go out with me ?

And I literally mean 5 minutes of conversation, I wouldn't be harassing her or anything like that. If she gave me a firm no then that would be the end of it. If I do manage to lure her away from her boyfriend, why am I seen as such an asshole ? Like I said, it's her decision, no gun would be put to her head.
And why should I care about the boyfriend's feelings, what if he's a jerk, or what if he's just a regular guy. Why is his happiness more important than mine ?

Some might say bad karma, I think that's ridiculous. I'd be doing the guy a favor, and so would any guy who "steals" my girlfriend be doing me a favor. Why would you ever want to be with somebody who allows herself to be "stolen" because another guy is better looking than you ? Better it happens now than when you're married with children 10 years down the line.
Update: 1337chillax thank you for pointing out what should have obvious to everybody, but evidently not. How could you be in "love" with somebody if somebody you hardly know could get you to leave that person in 5 minutes ? And it doesn't even matter if that person you just met 5 minutes ago looks like Brad... show more 1337chillax thank you for pointing out what should have obvious to everybody, but evidently not. How could you be in "love" with somebody if somebody you hardly know could get you to leave that person in 5 minutes ? And it doesn't even matter if that person you just met 5 minutes ago looks like Brad Pitt, you wouldn't care about that if you were in love.
Update 2: Alma F I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend, is he abusive, does he have anger issues, or is he just uncivilized ? Why would he want to break another man's neck and back just for asking you out ? Also he should know that he's not strong enough to do that to any man he pleases, and we also have a legal... show more Alma F I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend, is he abusive, does he have anger issues, or is he just uncivilized ? Why would he want to break another man's neck and back just for asking you out ? Also he should know that he's not strong enough to do that to any man he pleases, and we also have a legal and criminal justice system which would put him in jail for doing so.
Update 3: Christopher L, you really want to bring up God ?First off I'm not "coveting" anybody's wife, and also that same God of yours says that premarital sex is wrong too.