GUYS I have a question? Do you take things slower with a girl when...?

Do you tend to take things slower when you are dating a girl you really like or are really interested in? When you don't think she is just a fling will you take things slow and easy?

And this goes for anything. Relationship status, sex, exclusivity...

I didn't mean "easy" like the girl is easy and puts out and is skank. lol.

Easy as in taking things very slow.

The more I respect and like the girl, the more I'm willing to wait.

Generally we go at the girl's pace.

If we really like you, but it's moving slow, we still stick around.

From my experience, sex too early is a relationship killer.

It varies from guy to guy, no universal answer is out there for how to approach a budding relationship.

Personally I'm an absolute romantic and tend to be very philosophical in my interactions with a woman that I like. I'm in no rush to jump in I want to get a feel for her, her mentality, her likes and dislikes, her interests, aspirations, attitude, reciprocation of emotions, etc. As best as possible I want to know that we stand a good chance of getting along should we take the next step.

I'm not one for casual flings and lusting after every sweet scent and swaying hips, that creates too many problems in the long run, plus it feels pretty empty when you go down that route.

So in summary, yes, I take things slow and want to get to know her on a deeper level if I'm feeling her romantically. I never let the looks get the best of me, there is more to the relationship being successful in the long term if you know more about her before pairing up.

Hope I helped you to garner some insight into at least one guy's perspective on romance.

I think it can go either way. Me and the man I'm engaged to did not take things slowly at all and this is because we were so perfect for each other that we fell in love right away. We were having sex a week later and telling each other we loved each other and we meant it! We fell for each other that fast. We've been together for 2 years and are getting married. But with my ex I also took things kinda fast and ended up with my heart broken and my virginity taken from me...so just always be careful and make sure your feelings are real!

That's a good question I would like to know the answer to that too. I'm not guy but I'll give you my opinion on this. I personally think if that if he was a good men and he like a girl enough he would be patient and take things slow so that she won't feel pressured to do anything.

• ?

I think it varies from guy to guy. I personally treat all relationships the same. I treat women with respect as that's how I would like to be treated. I wouldn't go slower or faster. Plus, each girl is different and they might have their own ideas of how fast things should go. So there are definitely variables ineach relationship that can dictate how fast to take it.

Great question!

I would say no I don't necessarily go slower, but I am definitely more careful, if that makes sense.

EDIT: I also want to add, I always imagine that the love of my life will be someone who we hit it off so well that we will take things very fast and it will just feel right!

• Debra

*favorites* hehe. (:

this was interesting. good question. tho every guy is different... sometimes fools do rush in. other times, guys take things slow or too slow. it all depends on the person. i'd want things to be slow, so i can remember this moment. "you can spend a lifetime in just one look." it's hard to find a guy like that. especially, one who you're interested in. my ex was like that but i broke up with him after 5 years...some would say it was a mistake but for me it was a learning experience. and i'm still learning. good luck with you, assuming this question pertains to real-life events going on with you.

Source(s): mee. =p

Yeah if i really like the girl id go slower. But sometimes the girl has to set the speed .

• Lynnie

I've always like fast-paced, spontaneous relationships and have preferred guys that don't look to take things slow. That's just me, though.

yea because u dont wanna mess things up and if a girl is easy u know wat she is good 4 ....the longer u hold off the better like a couple of mouthns2 or 3 depends on the guy who ur wit and how hard he trys 2 b good 2 u

Source(s): lyfe