beachcutie03 asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Prolapsed internal hemorrhoid?

I have what I think is a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid. I've had hemorrhoids for many years, since I was in high school and I'm 25 years old now. I've had 2 children as well to add to the issue. I used to have 2 extrernal hemorrhoids. I could see and feel them but they are not painful at all. Well last year when I was pregnant with my 2nd baby I woke up one day with one of them in pain. It was horriable but I remember it being pretty bad. It bled for several days and that was it. I haven't had a problem since. Well just the other day I started having some pain again but it wasn't bad just enough for me to notice. I took a look "down there" and what I saw was a piece of pink flesh hanging out of my anus. The 2 external hemorrhoids I had before were not there just this pink flesh. It was a little swollen and irritated looking. It stopped hurting yesterday and there hasn't been any bleeding either. Is this a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid? Where did my external one go did it burst last year and that is why it bled for several days? What should I do to treat this? If I go see my Dr. what will she do for it? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Hemorrhoids are a pretty common condition, almost everybody will deal with them at least once in a life time. Statistically they are more common in men, but women get them too especially during pregnancy or during menstrual periods. Most of the times they go away by themselves in a matter of days or weeks, but sometimes they persist and they require adequate treatment.

What you are describing sounds indeed like a prolapsed hemorrhoid, which are internal hemorrhoids that are pushed outside the anal opening mostly during normal bowel movement. But in order to be sure about that, you have to go to a specialist doctor for a check up.

Usually, in order to place a diagnosis, doctors do a visual checkup first, and if needed an internal lower rectum inspection using and anoscope or colonspoe. In some cases the doctor may decide on an thorough colon check in order to rule out other diseases which have similar symptoms.

Considering that hemorrhoids are not life threatening, before going to the doctor you could also try some home remedies and see if any of them work for your condition, but if you see no improvement you should definitely consult a specialist.

1

Source(s): Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids http://sparkindl.info/HemorrhoidsNaturalCure

When I first had my hemorrhoid, I was 18, it was bleeding and pain like hell and suffered for 4 years. Internal hemorrhoids bleed when irritated and most people are not aware that they have them. Mine usually comes and gone, then it hurts again.

Hemorrhoids often start out as internal hemorrhoids and can go away as fast as they appeared, about the only time you can suspect you have one is when you see blood in your stool. It is important that you find a way to cure at this stage and not allowed to worsen to form external hemorrhoids. Try natural methods such as herbs.

Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids Naturally : http://Hemorrhoids.GoNaturallyCured.com

Reasons for bleeding internal hemorrhoids

Hemorrhoids can develop from any common sources of pressure include like:

a) Constipation and extra straining of the bowel.

b) Diarrhea, where the expulsion of loose stools is continuous.

c) Sitting or standing for prolonged hours

d) Obesity

e) Lifting very heavy weights or objects

f) Pregnancy and childbirth

How to deal with bleeding internal hemorrhoids

a) Consult a doctor immediately. If you have been suffering from bleeding internal hemorrhoids then inform him if your bleeding is not stopping. If you are not aware of why you are bleeding then go for a check up as more than often anal fissure is mistaken for bleeding internal hemorrhoids.

b) Wipe yourself with clean wet toilet paper. Wetting the paper makes it softer.

c) Ask for emergency care if you notice large amounts of rectal bleeding along with dizziness or faintness.

Treatments for bleeding internal hemorrhoids

If the bleeding is not stopping with prescribed medicines the doctor may recommend :

a) Rubber band ligation- Here one or two tiny rubber bands around the base of an internal hemorrhoid to cut off its circulation and the hemorrhoid falls off.

b) Sclerotherapy- In this process a chemical solution is injected around the blood vessel to shrink the hemorrhoid.

c) Laser treatment- A burst of infrared light can cut off circulation to small, bleeding, internal hemorrhoids.

d) Hemorrhoidectomy- This is the last resource if other procedures fail. Here the surgery is done with either local anesthetic combined with sedation, and requires an overnight hospital stay.

Natural Hemorrhoid Remedy : http://HemorrhoidReliefs.com/Official

The doctor can most likely remove the growth for you. She probably won't be able to do it for you right on the spot-you'll likely need a return appointment, but it's a relatively simple out-patient procedure; not something you'll have to go to the hospital for.