Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

WTF? Who keeps getting this annoying "Yahoo Update about your answer" pop-up?

Every time I post an answer this stupid pop up comes up and I can't turn it off? Anyone else having this annoying thing happen?

I dont. I just keep getting equally annoying "There's nothing here right now. Why don't you be the first to ask a question?"

Right. Like nobody has ever asked a question in Yahoo R&S.

So far, I have not. I'm using Firefox, with the out-of-the-box popup blocker settings, on a mac laptop.

I do, occasionly, get the annoying "There's nothing here right now. Why don't you be the first to ask a question?" message. I'm guessing that it happens when the site has a lot of traffic, causing the database access to time out.

yes they seem to have some tech issues lately, maybe economics back during the gold rush, the news headlines changed every few hours now the headlines will go a couple of days without changing one smells downsizing not only do i get a pop up, but it puts a kind of scum over the screen-----interesting

It happened once (6 months ago). Same thing, same glitch.

Even you check to not see it again, it just pop up anyways.

I kept getting this popup, too. I converted to Christianity, prayed for its removal, and now it's gone. No biggie. If I see it again, I'll give a shout to my homie Cthulhu and see what happens.

Getting it, but how to turn it off?

Yeah, I get that...I've ticked the box and everything. *sigh*

Pleased to see its not just me. We have a solidarity of annoyance!

Yes me,it's just started.

Ah, gotta love those nonsensical questions.

Source(s): grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Another Yahoo downgrade. What do we want for free, I guess.