Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

WTF? Who keeps getting this annoying "Yahoo Update about your answer" pop-up?

Every time I post an answer this stupid pop up comes up and I can't turn it off? Anyone else having this annoying thing happen?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

I dont. I just keep getting equally annoying "There's nothing here right now. Why don't you be the first to ask a question?"

Right. Like nobody has ever asked a question in Yahoo R&S.

• 1 decade ago

So far, I have not. I'm using Firefox, with the out-of-the-box popup blocker settings, on a mac laptop.

I do, occasionly, get the annoying "There's nothing here right now. Why don't you be the first to ask a question?" message. I'm guessing that it happens when the site has a lot of traffic, causing the database access to time out.

• 4 years ago

yes they seem to have some tech issues lately, maybe economics back during the gold rush, the news headlines changed every few hours now the headlines will go a couple of days without changing one smells downsizing not only do i get a pop up, but it puts a kind of scum over the screen-----interesting

• 1 decade ago

It happened once (6 months ago). Same thing, same glitch.

Even you check to not see it again, it just pop up anyways.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I kept getting this popup, too. I converted to Christianity, prayed for its removal, and now it's gone. No biggie. If I see it again, I'll give a shout to my homie Cthulhu and see what happens.

• 1 decade ago

Getting it, but how to turn it off?

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, I get that...I've ticked the box and everything. *sigh*

Pleased to see its not just me. We have a solidarity of annoyance!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes me,it's just started.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ah, gotta love those nonsensical questions.

Source(s): grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • 1 decade ago

Another Yahoo downgrade. What do we want for free, I guess.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.