Keep getting annoying message every time I answer a question?

I keep getting a pop up that says this every time I answer a question, and checking the box that says "don't show the message again" does not seem to help. "An update about your answer will be shared outside of Answers." I've clicked on "manage who sees your updates",... show more I keep getting a pop up that says this every time I answer a question, and checking the box that says "don't show the message again" does not seem to help.

"An update about your answer will be shared outside of Answers."

I've clicked on "manage who sees your updates", and, for all the places that could generate updates I checked the box that said "do not tell me" and I'm still getting this darn pop up message. Is anyone else having the problem or know how to stop it? I've never had this happen before in all the time I've been coming here and it just started tonight.
Update: Posting this question also seems to have prompted an annoying message saying "An update about your question will be shared outside of Answers." ugh