-
- asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Is anyone else getting that annoying pop-up message about sharing your updates when you answer a question?

I don't even share my updates and it still comes up every time I answer a question, even though I check the "Do not show this message again" box.

BQ: Is this more or less annoying than when Y!A doesn't work at all?

Gah! I just got it again when I asked this question. Grrrrrr.

Enigma: Don't worry, I'm shouting too!

Every time I answer I click the box to stop it but it doesn't work. I have checked my profile too and it says that I'm not sharing updates but it still shows up!

Favorite Answer

When you answer....press the preview button but before you press the submit button the answer there's a "Manage your updates" in blue font. Press that and select if you want it shared or not. and press the submit button.

Believe it or not...and frankly, I found it hard to believe if I had not witnessed it myself...but, I actually got a computer virus from Yahoo Q&A about a week ago. I clicked to read a question and a Yahoo advertisement on the right side of the screen expanded and quickly opened to a new window and started an immediate download of a virus. My anti-virus caught it...the first time, but there were 2 downloads going simultaneously. I guess the virus programmer knew to send one download to distract the anti-virus and another to slip through the cracks. I had to do a complete system restore to correct the issue, as the virus was actually preventing my anti-virus software from loading when I restarted my PC!

I always check the "Do not show this message again" box but it still comes out.

Yes i have been getting it for about 2 days, and you are right it is like having a fly at the dinner table, or when you are trying to sleep.What can we do Miss B? I hit it with a fly swatter but it didn't help.

seriously why is it giving me an option to select the "don't show this again" box if it is just going to ignore the fact that I selected it?

I did go and change to the don't share thing in manage your settings or whatever that is and still it pops up!

• Laura

Just another glitch. I had one last week that changed my avatar on practically every question I looked at and was going to answer, but didn't and everytime I voted, it would tell me I could only vote once. Finally, I just gave up. and logged out.

I just ticked the box that said never show this again, and its been fine, it only came up the once.

• Click the blue update message to change or go into profile and change update status.

I had problem earlier,it has been remedied.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IT'S DRIVING ME NUTTTTTTTS SINCE LAST NIGHT......oops sorry for shouting.....and yes it's worse than when yahoo isn't working!! When are they ever going to get it right? :((

edit - it's just happened again as I submitted my answer, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes I had it last night and I'm getting it now. If it's not sorted soon I'm logging off.