-
Lv 7
- asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Is anyone else getting that annoying pop-up message about sharing your updates when you answer a question?

I don't even share my updates and it still comes up every time I answer a question, even though I check the "Do not show this message again" box.

BQ: Is this more or less annoying than when Y!A doesn't work at all?

Update:

Gah! I just got it again when I asked this question. Grrrrrr.

Update 2:

Enigma: Don't worry, I'm shouting too!

Update 3:

Every time I answer I click the box to stop it but it doesn't work. I have checked my profile too and it says that I'm not sharing updates but it still shows up!

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When you answer....press the preview button but before you press the submit button the answer there's a "Manage your updates" in blue font. Press that and select if you want it shared or not. and press the submit button.

• 1 decade ago

Believe it or not...and frankly, I found it hard to believe if I had not witnessed it myself...but, I actually got a computer virus from Yahoo Q&A about a week ago. I clicked to read a question and a Yahoo advertisement on the right side of the screen expanded and quickly opened to a new window and started an immediate download of a virus. My anti-virus caught it...the first time, but there were 2 downloads going simultaneously. I guess the virus programmer knew to send one download to distract the anti-virus and another to slip through the cracks. I had to do a complete system restore to correct the issue, as the virus was actually preventing my anti-virus software from loading when I restarted my PC!

• 1 decade ago

I always check the "Do not show this message again" box but it still comes out.

• 1 decade ago

Yes i have been getting it for about 2 days, and you are right it is like having a fly at the dinner table, or when you are trying to sleep.What can we do Miss B? I hit it with a fly swatter but it didn't help.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

seriously why is it giving me an option to select the "don't show this again" box if it is just going to ignore the fact that I selected it?

I did go and change to the don't share thing in manage your settings or whatever that is and still it pops up!

• Laura
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Just another glitch. I had one last week that changed my avatar on practically every question I looked at and was going to answer, but didn't and everytime I voted, it would tell me I could only vote once. Finally, I just gave up. and logged out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I just ticked the box that said never show this again, and its been fine, it only came up the once.

• Click the blue update message to change or go into profile and change update status.

I had problem earlier,it has been remedied.

• 1 decade ago

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IT'S DRIVING ME NUTTTTTTTS SINCE LAST NIGHT......oops sorry for shouting.....and yes it's worse than when yahoo isn't working!! When are they ever going to get it right? :((

edit - it's just happened again as I submitted my answer, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• 1 decade ago

Yes I had it last night and I'm getting it now. If it's not sorted soon I'm logging off.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.