Byakuya asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Why does this annoying box pop up every time I answer a question now?

Your answer has been posted to Yahoo! Answers

An update about your answer will be shared outside of Answers.

Manage who sees your updates

Don't show this message again on Yahoo! Answers

I check the box where it says "Don't show this message again on Yahoo! Answers" but it keeps popping up every time anyway. Does it do this to other people? or is my account bugged?

Go to your profile and enable or disable the sharing of your questions with users of facebook, twitters and the like. Before you haven't made your choice the bubble will keep popping up! I believed it to be a major Yahoo glitch when it first showed up a couple of hours ago, especially since I set my profile to private, but then I got a hint. I went to my profile and found out that all my answers were posted there for everybody to see! I just wonder whatever gives Yahoo the idea that somebody would set his questions and answers to <not visible> and then turn around and let the whole world read them...:-(

• ?

Yahoo has responded to this on the suggestion board thread----------by Yahoo! Answers employee Yahoo! Answers Team UK | 2 hours ago

Hey guys,

Just to let you all know that the Team made a change yesterday that we hoped would fix this but it's clear some people are still being affected by this. We're working on this right now and hope to have it fixed for you guys.

-- Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers team --------EDIT---New yahoo post--by Yahoo! Answers employee Yahoo! Answers Team UK | 7 minutes ago

Hey guys,

We've deployed a fix for this. Can you let us know on this thread if you still see any issues?

-- Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers team

I noticed that when I was using Internet Explorer. Now I am using Opera and there is no such pop up. Opera is heaven.. Only problem is you have to use the enter button to click on a url address - you cant click with the mouse . Nothing is perfect.

• Pamela

That most be annoying. Doesn't happen to me though. Hmmm... Edit: GR! It just decided to do that to me! And now it won't stop - no matter how many times I check the "don't ask me this again on Y!A" box. Rawr! How aggravating! Heh, sorry for the rant... ;p

Mine does it to, but as it starts to say that, it instantly gets popped back and doesn't make it through.

I use Google Chrome btw.

Make sure your pop up blocker settings aren't being messed with. I use Norton 360 to keep an eye on all my security settings, it will alert me if something is off that should be on.

Source(s): \\ //