What will the Dr. do for a prolapsed hemorrhoid?

I'm a female in my mid 20's with 2 children. I have developed a prolapsed hemorrhoid and have had it for about a year and 1/2 now. At least I first noticed it a year and 1/2 ago. I looks like a piece of reddish/pinkish swollen skin protruding through my anus. It stick out all the time but it does get... show more I'm a female in my mid 20's with 2 children. I have developed a prolapsed hemorrhoid and have had it for about a year and 1/2 now. At least I first noticed it a year and 1/2 ago. I looks like a piece of reddish/pinkish swollen skin protruding through my anus. It stick out all the time but it does get smaller between bowel movements. It causing discomfort as well. What will the Dr. do for me? I plan to go see her soon for this. What can I do at home besides sitz baths? I've been putting Vaseline on it mainly to relieve itching. I've been reading about treatments online and the idea of any sort of surgery freaks me out!!! I had my gallbladder out back in March and I have enough digestive issues from that and I keep reading people having problems with that after surgery. I've also heard it's terribly painful! I have 2 little ones at home and my husband works a lot so that really worries me! Also, I read it can become strangulated, how logn does it take for that to happen? Will it get worse before that happens or will it just happen out of the blue? I'm SO SCARED! HELP!!!!
5 answers 5