beachcutie03 asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Prolapsed hemorrhoid, do you have experience with it?

I'm a female in my mid 20's with 2 children. I have developed a prolapsed hemorrhoid and have had it for about a year and 1/2 now. At least I first noticed it a year and 1/2 ago. I looks like a piece of reddish/pinkish swollen skin protruding through my anus. It stick out all the time but it does get smaller between bowel movements. It causing discomfort as well. What will the Dr. do for me? I plan to go see her soon for this. What can I do at home besides sitz baths? I've been putting Vaseline on it mainly to relieve itching. I've been reading about treatments online and the idea of any sort of surgery freaks me out!!! I had my gallbladder out back in March and I have enough digestive issues from that and I keep reading people having problems with that after surgery. I've also heard it's terribly painful! I have 2 little ones at home and my husband works a lot so that really worries me! Also, I read it can become strangulated, how logn does it take for that to happen? Will it get worse before that happens or will it just happen out of the blue? I'm SO SCARED! HELP!!!!

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

    When I had my kids I had the same problem. It is just due to irritation in that area and overactive veins. There is a product on the market called 'Tucks' that is used for that area. They are small round 'thin' pads in witch hazel and something else that you can put in the fridge until you need them. You just take it and place it (yes tuck it in the fold) so that it is against that area. The witch hazel reduced the swelling and helps with itch. You could also purchase witch hazel itself - keep it cool and apply with cotton pads, etc to the area. Do also take the sitz baths. Also when having a bowel movement do NOT force it. You should be able to just relax and gravity will do it's job. When you force you will irritate it even further. It will eventually reduce in size and go back to normal.

    Good luck.

    Source(s): Life
  • Nina
    Lv 4
    3 years ago


    Source(s): Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids
  • dude I
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    A simple procedure with a type of "staples" can be done in your Physician Office for this problem. You should really discuss this with your Physician as this can turn into other problems if not resolved.

    Source(s): 26 years in medical Business
  • 4 years ago

    Just let them out. Everyone farts!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.