Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

SmEllY! asked in TravelAsia PacificMalaysia · 1 decade ago

Why are public toilets in Malaysia always wet?

The toilet seat and the floor? I found this to be really gross when we were over there, I have a 4 year old daughter and every time she needed to go to the toilet I would have to take her and she would accidentally touch me with her feet and the gross water from the toilet floor would get on me and I was almost in tears, completely horrified by the toilets! Anyway, WHY do they do that? Wouldn't it be cleaner if it wasn't flooded all the time?

It isn't pee its from those little hose things they have in all the stalls, and the toilet attendant ladies go in and 'wash' the floors and bowl down, but it doesn't feel clean at all

So if they are cleaning themselves after each time they use the toilet, is the water running from their genitals directly onto the floor and then I am standing in it?

I found it very horrifying compared with the dry toilets that I am used to in Australia. Even the public toilets over here are a whole lot cleaner (well the ones in the shopping centres at least) at most all you have to do is wipe the seat. I hate the water everywhere I dont know where that water has been : ( I have peed on the ground on our car trips in outback australia where I live many times and I WOULD rather pee on the ground than in a grotty toilet.

because they are squat toilets and the people there use the hose to clean their rears and/or wash the floor around the toilet. You should use slippers if you are going to use a squat toilet so that the water does not get on your feet.

yeah they are right....malaysia is a islam country we use water after pee not using tissue paper....

of coz the toiler get wet because many people is using that toilet not just only u....

n the water u standing on it is not a pee...come on...it just a water...

i don't understand why women want 2 pee on the floor...

believe me,if u want a really2 clean toilet....

go n find a toilet which is u need 2 pay fees...the more high the fees,the more beautiful n clean the toilet....

but if i were u,i don't care about all this because if i'm in a long journey that only has "wet toilet" n no matter how worse that toilet,i'll just go in...should be grateful because don't have to pee in the jungle....

so to all who said it's gross~~

u all should try 2 live in village....they don't even have toilet....

Source(s): homestay...

Malaysia's public toilets are far more better that others.You should go to India.You cant even see a clean public toilet there.Even when you are on the road you have to wait 3 or 4 kilometers to find a public toilet.But Malaysia is better.The toll plaza toilets and the highway rest station toilets are clean.You maybe went to a restaurant or a private owned public toilet.You should go to places like India.Then you will respect Malaysia more.

they like to wash themselves after peeing or pooing. toilet paper is used, but water is used more after that. while washing themselves, they splatter the water all over....

the next person comes in - ditto - water from the wet floor gets under their shoes and the dirt from under those shoes gets all over the floor. then these people squat / stand on the toilet seat because they don't trust the cleanliness of the seat - after doing their business, they usually leave the toilet seat all dirtied up for the next person. the next person sees the dirty toilet seat - she follows suit by squatting on the seat too etc etc. in time to come, the toilet seats are permanently stained by all the dirt and you see shoe marks etched on them.

so, the floor gets all wet and dirty from accumulated dirt and water mixed together, the toilet seat is also dirty from the dirty shoes of users. the cleaners spit on the floor while mopping up the mess. they clean up one booth and move on to the next - another person comes in and uses the just cleaned booth and it begins all over again. the cleaners complain, and they get fed up. they don't clean as often, the management don't pay them enough. the public complain, yet they don't change their public toilet habits. other people like me, i try to wait until i get home to pee, if i can help it.

it never ends, really.

Source(s): p/s: Just read veritas' post, and i agree with her completely. p/s II: It's not just Muslims or Malays; even many Chinese and other races do the same. Very sad.

I agree, it's absolutely gross! I hate the public toilets here. Unfortunately, we still have monkeys living among us in Malaysia and it seems impossible to educate them.

Jovic (and the 5 thumbs up), are you one of those who leave your dirty water on the floor and small pieces of sh*t in the corners? Maybe we need to have a special toilet for the wet-loving muslims and only the more educated muslims are allowed to use normal toilets.

Add: Can't you just wash within the confines of the toilet? I wonder how do you clean your hands afterwards where there is no soap.

We Malaysian used to wash it with water first than we will wipe it with the toilet paper.

if u go to kelantan or terengganu (majority muslim state), u'll more frustrated i think.

That's why those state always got flood..haha..

in those state, even chinese also acted like that..i have a kelantan friend, 3 years known her, she not ever buy toilet paper.,and u have to prepare toilet roll or plenty amounts of tissue paper if u go her house for homestay..

actually acted like that more eco-safe..less consumption on paper, more green to the earth..hehe...

perhaps m'sia government should install auto dryer inside m'sia public toilet, since we have auto toilet flush, y not have an auto toilet bowl dryer..hehe...

they still learning how to used the pipe and how to make the toilet dry. Don't said like that laa..... about Muslim because I'm a Muslim but my house toilet always dry because I wash inside the toilet bowl, not out side the toilet bowl hehehe.......kotor punya orang....hehehe...

• ViRg()

It's common in our country due to Muslim practice of back washing after answering call of nature.

So it tends to be wet most of the time.

I mean it's a PUBLIC toilet, what did you expect?!?!=P

Most population in Malaysia are Muslim - Islam. Under the Islamic rules - one should keep oneself clean and pure. Therefore, one must clean oneself after answering the call of nature. It is not that the toilet are not clean regularly but that after "each" use, they will use the water hose found in most toilet to clean themselves.

Read more here - http://www.scribd.com/doc/2303314/Toilet-in-Islam