Is James Cameron's Avatar an anti-Christian movie?

Yes, it is 2 hours and 40 minutes of unabashed anti-Christian propaganda. No boys are molested by any priests at any point, so that's why I say so.

James Cameron Religion

It definitely does not adhere to a Christian worldview, but neither should we expect it to. But to say its "anti-christian" would imply there is an effort put forth to actually discredit Christianity. I wouldn't say this is the case even though the natives on Pandora worship some mother earth type deity. Since its set in a fantasy world, it doesn't strike me as stuff that would cause doubt in a Christian or bolster the unbelief of a nonchristian. Its just ungodly fruit from an ungodly mind (no offense to James Cameron. We're all ungodly without Christ. He is just a typical unregenerate sinner). I'm a Christian and I must say, I very much enjoyed the movie. Maybe that's wrong. I hope not.

• Erin

Not in the least. If that movie is anti anything, it's anti-war. The movie showcases his political views, not his religious views.

• James

I'm not sure how this movie has anything to do with Christianity at all, but sure, if you say so. I have no problem with a movie being anti-Chritian. All the better if it is.

• Amanda

No, but it is a damn good movie! They believe in a higher power, as Christians do, but it's probably not the same God. They aren't trying to convert people or anything, so relax.

It's a fantasy movie. No, it is not "anti-Christian". I saw it last night and didn't pick up on ANY anti-Christian themes.

James Cameron is a Christian who uses a lot of religious imagery and metaphor in his movies, so I HIGHLY doubt it. Ever stop and think about the Terminator storyline (especially the newest one)?

• Metzae

If it inspires people to think for themselves, then yes.

You know what's a great anti-religion movie? The Golden Compass. Woot!

• serf

Yes, but not as anti-christian as "Horton hears a Who". That story was revealed to Dr. Seus by Satan himself.