What are the most naturally protective dog breeds?

My Labrador is protective and I love that. What are some dog breeds that are naturally protective of their families? Rhodesian Ridgebacks? German Shepherds?
Update: no not a chihuahua, i mean a dog that can protect you too.
Update 2: yeah, she is purebred lab(she is from a hunting line if that makes a difference?) she has saved me from a pack of coyotes and if anyone even thinks of messing with me or my family and she thinks they are dangerous she will run at them barking and growling with her hair up untill i call her back. she sleeps in the... show more yeah, she is purebred lab(she is from a hunting line if that makes a difference?) she has saved me from a pack of coyotes and if anyone even thinks of messing with me or my family and she thinks they are dangerous she will run at them barking and growling with her hair up untill i call her back. she sleeps in the hallway incase anyone breaks in-she would not let anyone get to us without a fight.