2012: Earth Will Spin Opposite Direction?

Well the latest thing I've heard about is that in 2012 when the Sun is at solar maximum we will be hit by a supermassive solar flare of charged particles, it will strike our ever weakening magnetic field and cause the inner core of the Earth to flip. If you place two magnets together of same polarity and let go... show more Well the latest thing I've heard about is that in 2012 when the Sun is at solar maximum we will be hit by a supermassive solar flare of charged particles, it will strike our ever weakening magnetic field and cause the inner core of the Earth to flip. If you place two magnets together of same polarity and let go of one it will flip in an attempt to get the opposite polaritys to match since opposites attract.

Since the core spins anti-clockwise now (north viewing), should it flip it would end up spinning clockwise instead whilst the mantle and crust would continue spinning anti-clockwise due to momentum.

That would be short lived however as the mantle and crust would attempt to change direction and spin clockwise like the inner core meaning the change in speed would create supermassive tidal waves, tectonic plate displacement, volcanic eruptions and pretty much total surface destruction.

Now it all sounds 'possible' and the science behind it possibly occurring is actually quite rock solid even though scientists deny the Sun could create a flare big enough to do it. But should a flare big enough hit us it's possible it could happen.

But the question I ask is: Is there any evidence that the Earth has spun in different directions in the past?

Does anyone here know of any such evidence being found? be it geological or biblical references or mythological references. For example is it mentioned anywhere that the Sun once rose in the west and set in the east?

Thanks.
Update: Whether I believe 2012 or not is irrelevant. Is there evidence the Earth has spun in opposite directions?
Update 2: I know the magnetic field has swicthed many times in the past but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about a physical flip of the actual inner core of the Earth causing the Earth to spin in the opposite direction.
Is there any evidence or mention in ancient documentation the Earth has spun differently.
Update 3: Dear bikenbeer2000, The inner core would not stop spinning, it would flip and continue spinning at the same speed it was spinning at before, the only thing that will have occurred is a flip. The inner core would have enough power to stop the mantle/crust and spin it the opposite direction. It's liquid... show more Dear bikenbeer2000,

The inner core would not stop spinning, it would flip and continue spinning at the same speed it was spinning at before, the only thing that will have occurred is a flip.
The inner core would have enough power to stop the mantle/crust and spin it the opposite direction. It's liquid metal between the inner core and mantle/crust. The liquid would change direction and gradually cause the Earth mantle/crust to change direction.

Your understanding of what would take place is none existent. You've clearly never studied physics.