Oil weeping walls in Sydney house - miracle or not?? Your thoughts on this...?

Those of you in Australia might remember hearing about a family in Sydney that claimed to have oil weeping from the walls after the son had died.

Just now I saw on the news that the father in this family is being charged with credit card fraud but he still assures people that the walls are real and are a miracle. And only a few weeks ago they were talking about wanting their son to become a saint when if I remember correctly he died while driving without a license and was speeding...

What does everyone think? Has anyone been to the house? I have and frankly I didn't buy it...

• Regwah
    Favorite Answer

Wow you've been there, how exciting.

Sydney has had a few of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXe82pzw-ew

Youtube thumbnail

• Angela

First off my thoughts on these claimed actions is OK if that is what you say you saw then that is what you claimed you saw or experienced. But that does not mean i believe it happened or that your trying to trick people or not. Example where i live a few yrs ago a Mexican American Lady who lived in a small town close to me claimed her Statue of the Virgin was either crying tears or blood not sure any more which of the two. Any way we have a large Mexican population and Catholic population and people were standing in line to see this so called miracle. Most people who were asked after seeing the Statue were not sure what they exactly saw and many saw nothing. The Lady insisted that we were all directed by a vision the woman claimed or dream i just once again am not sure due to the time passed,but we were all to go outside on a certain day and look towards the Sun or the East (still not sure any more), and a Vision or apparition would appear to prove the Virgin actions were real. Well the day came and the time and guess what this i'm positive of, the skies were heavily covered with clouds and after that the Woman's story just died out. I believe the Woman was lonely and wanted attention and in her own way sincerely believed the Statue was doing what she thought she saw. So in a way i believe if you really want to believe some thing will happen in your mind it eventually will happen. Like many atheist like to Point out about miraculous healing why does not GOD if he's the creator and cause of these Miracles ever grow a new leg or arm if he is the cause. As far as Fatima and Lourdes goes there is a lot of secular witnesses to verify them. The only thing i question about Fatima is the Timing of the second great war prophesy as it was not revealed until the war was under way. But one sure can not explain away easily the timing of the deaths of the two children.

I am a friend of a member related to the family. I have visited the house on a few occassions from when the oil started, which was on the night of Mike's 40 day mass (i believe the 40 day mass is an Orthodox tradition). It started as one drop in Mike's room on the wall and has been weeping throughout the house since. After visting the house and speaking to the mother, father & other relatives having the story explained to me, I beleive in what is happening., I guess this has also to do with my faith. They are not taking donations, nor do they seek '15mins of fame'. They strongly believe this is a sign from God for the world to see, a sign for ppl to believe in God, have faith. They have opened their home to complete strangers to see and hear their story. Tests done by a current affair or today tonight's (not sure which one) scientists couldnt prove what it is or where it came from. Apparently the scientist checked the walls, roofs, below the house etc for any foul play with no findings.

I read somewhere, that Mike had no licence - he had a licence, he was going home from his cousins place and it was a wet road, went over a bridge, over the speed limit, lost control and hit into a pole straight into the drivers side door, medics tried to revive him for over an hour he died in hospital - this all happened literally around the corner from his home.

I dont see what their motive could be but simply to bring ppl closer to God. I am not a holy person i.e. i dont go to church every sunday nor do I preach... but this is something special and i thought it be worth having my say

• Erika

Weeping Walls

miracles does happen the father was caught before the oil was came down the wall why the the law take so long to arrest the them and for the non believers go there and you see and feel the pain ... one thing has nothing to do with other. The father will pay justice. The oil is a miracle by the way I am not related to them I was not a believer myself until it happen me. If it happen to Sister Mary Mackilllup .But I

think he the son came out to warn the father... Now it will stop.... The father was caught out... remember he did all this crap before the son passed away.

For those who haven't heard of it, go here to the Daily Telegraph for the latest story: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/miracle-weep...

I've also see it on one of those dodgy current affairs shows (a current affair or today tonight, can't remember which).

It's crazy what people will do for attention and it is crazier still when the media makes such a big deal out of it.

• Corey

Walls weep because of materials under/on the paint, in the ceiling, but most of all in the air either leak through or are caught up in condensing steam from a shower.

I didnt hear about this, what channel were you watching?

I never heard about the weaping walls in the first place so yeh lol

but anything is possible and miracles do happen so who knows,

Seems to me that if God wanted to manifest himself to us on earth it wouldn't be by pouring 10W-40 Castrol on the walls of a house in Australia.

could be "sap" from the wood used in the frame..or they dumped oil upstairs and it is seeping??? there is no way this is a spiritual phenomenom....I give it a big ol thumbs down and he's laughing all the way to the bank or is he "anymore"??? Peace/Love & God Bless

Source(s): not PerFeCt/Just Forgiven SDA former catholic