Im thinking about getting 2 pet rats?

I am thinking about getting 2 pet rats, and I have done a TON of research, but I was wondering if any experienced people out there could give me some hints and tips like which gender should I get, which breed, care, tricks, everything! And also, Would the rats be fine if I left them for one whole saturday every... show more I am thinking about getting 2 pet rats, and I have done a TON of research, but I was wondering if any experienced people out there could give me some hints and tips like which gender should I get, which breed, care, tricks, everything! And also,
Would the rats be fine if I left them for one whole saturday every week??? I live with my mom and go to dad's on the weekends. I leave friday at 6 pm and come back sunday around lunch. Do you think the rats will do fine for a day alone? (My mom will most likely not take car of them). Also, I have a dog, and I was thinking if I could use the newspaper pellets (for the potty tray) as bedding for the rats (should i also give them toilet paper or paper towels for comfortable bedding?), or will it be a risk for choking. They are like an inch long and have a diameter of about 1/2 a centimeter. And also, could I use the dog food to feed them? (i believe i read this somewhere). Thanks so much, and ANY tips from experience will help! :D
Also, what are the disadvantages and advantages of getting 2 feeder rats? Don't give me a whole essay on why i shouldn't get a feeder rat, just tell me a list. And also, how old should the feeders be for mre to get them? Thanks!!!