Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Americans do you support declaring war against Iran?

Afghanistan has been going on for years and public support is starting to slip so would you support going to war with Iran so Americans have a new war to support. Why do Americans love going to war when history shows apart from WW2 their success rate is not that great?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no i think its absolutly dumb because all the politicians want war but instead they send the people to do their dirty jobs.

and they also make you feel bad for not going to war by saying that you dont support america and that you're with the terrorists its a load of crap.

i think they should be putting on the helmets. and by they i mean the politicians.

Source(s): illuminati
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

The answer is simply, No. Those who support invading Iran basically use the familiar scare tactics similar to the Iraq justification, it seems that today's propaganda claims the need to go to war with Iran is to protect us from the Iranian Nuclear Threat.....isn't that what was said about Iraq? But what threat? Iran doesn't have any atom bombs, neither did Iraq, and Iran doesn't have any infrastructure to build one, and beginning where they are at this moment in their nuclear industry, they could not have any bomb within the next 6-7 years - even if they try to build such a weapon. Which the IAEA says is not the focus of the Iranian nuclear policy at this time. Remember that when United States Corporations were building Iran's Nuclear Industry, it was all AOK. The question is, what and who will profit from a war with Iran? I suspect it will be the same bunch that is continuing to profit from Iraq. As long as Bush and the boys can get patriotic Americans to get riled up from their propaganda campaign, they can count on an environment that will allow us to see a repeat of Iraq.

• jehen
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

What would be the point? Despite the mistakes of the past Administration and the the squawking hawks Americans are not war mongers. The country was hoodwinked once into an unnecessary war in Iraq. It will be at least a couple of generations before they can try that again.

Be that as it may should Iran do or seriously attempt to do what they say they want to do in their bellicose rhetoric, war would be called for and the American people will support it. But I do not see that happening. Iran is a well off, educated country with a large middle class. They have far too much to lose to fulfill the agenda of the Mullah's and extremists.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

@boomn4x42

World War 2 Pearl Harbor bombing - Lost

War in Afghanistan - Lost

War in Afghanistan winners - a bunch of small minded Taliban fighters and Al Qaeda

what happened there?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

im an American and the war is a waste of tax dollars, its making our economy spiral, and the government doesnt even care. So, no i dont support the war, but i will support the soldiers that risking their lives for it, just so they can take care of their family and put food on their plate. Maybe if their was an actual plan on the war with iran and things happen a bit smarter, then i would deff support it.

• Alex
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Iran has done nothing to us. Oh sure, their politics and practicies are unsavory, but they have committed no act of aggression against us. I guess that doesn't really matter after the precedent we set in Iraq, but we can't just go warring against countries because we don't like them. If Israel perceives an imminent threat from Iran, that's their problem.

• 1 decade ago

If they attack us or an ally, then yes.

However, a conventional war would be stupid and we don't have the man-power for it. If they start a war, we should simply nuke them out of existence. This will be a very fast and cheap war and will discourage other evil monsters (like North Korea) from doing stupid stuff in the future.

• 1 decade ago

were already in a pretty bad situation with Bush's actions for the past 8 years, it wouldent be good at all to declare war or support war while unemployment is skyrocketing... and even if we were in a good economy, why go declare war for no reason? so its a no

Source(s): some knowledge i guess..
  • Phil
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

No, but I would support Israel's decision to declare war against them. I think that brings us into the war anyways, but let someone else be the aggressor for once.

This is of course all based on Iran continuing to be jerks and building nukes. (Real nukes, not Iraq nukes)

• 1 decade ago

No

A) Iran is not a threat

B) Israel needs and enemy to distract from what is going in its own borders

C) We just don't have the man power or the money to fight more wars

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.