Ladies... Valentines Question?

I'm planning to ask my girlfriend out to dinner for Valentines Day. I'm going to tell her to dress up because it's a real fancy place and we don't get to do that much where we're from. I'll pick her up, lookin' ready to take her out for the nicest dinner she's ever had. But then I'm gonna tell her I forgot something at my house; maybe my credit card or something along those lines. We'll get there and I'll invite her in since it's gonna be freezing outside. We'll walk inside and I'm gonna have dinner on the table with candles burning, white lights hung from the ceiling and Frank Sinatra in the background. A friend suggested this and I'm real excited. But ladies... Would you think this is a good idea? Or would you be disappointed that you didn't get to go out to a fancy restaurant? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Such a great, romantic idea!! I would be much happier at your house then at a fancy restaurant.

Since I'm a good detective in figuring things out, I'm going to give you some advice to avoid this going wrong. She may not figure it out, but I would! ;)

Make sure you actually forget whatever it is at home! It's best if you just forget your whole wallet! You can't go anywhere without your wallet. Actually leave your wallet at home. If she sees what you said you forgot at home, she'll get suspicious. Now, will your girfriend offer to pay? If so, you'll need to make sure you are prepared to say why you need to go back home.

She might offer to stay in the car while you run inside and leave the car running. Tell her you need to take the keys to unlock your front door. If she insists on staying in the car, you can go inside for a few minutes and not find your wallet. Then come outside and tell her you are having trouble finding it, and bring her inside to help you look for it or to wait inside so she doesn't get cold.

I hope you have a fantastic Valentine's day. It sounds amazing! :) She's very lucky!

You are fantastic and your idea is too! Frank Sinatra? How old are you...my father's age? Does she like Frank Sinatra? There's nothing wrong with his music; I was just wondering if maybe you could find a romantic CD that might have a bit more of a variety in artists, like a CD collection of Songs to Romance the One you Love. Even if you go with Sinatra though, your idea is superb and I hope you have a most wonderful time! Happy Valentine's Day to both of you!

• Haley

No, I think that's cute! All the class of a fancy restaurant, but not the annoying waiters, loud chitter chatter, and it's just the two of you :) Make sure she doesn't go out and buy a new dress, or shoes, because then, she might be disappointed that she didn't get to show it off. I think it sounds like a really great idea, though!

Don't worry. She'll love how creative you were, and that you cooked for her, and that you put the effort into making her Valentine's Day special. She's a lucky girl if she has someone willing to do that for her, and if she's upset because you're not taking her to an actual fancy restaurant, she needs to get her priorities straight.

i think its a great idea, but to make sure she isnt disappointed, instead of saying your taking her to a fancy restaurant you can get her to dress up nice by saying something like "im going to take you out somewhere nice/special" its the same idea without actually promising a restaurant.

good luck and have fun :)

Personally I would love that, not only because the whole thing is a surprise, but also that it shows a lot of effort on your part. Good luck!

I think it sounds really romantic!

I would definitely prefer it to a fancy restaurant, since it's more private and intimate.

Lol, that sounds really nice :) But, she'll be more surprised/pleased if she thought you were going someplace not that special, and then when she sees the homemade dinner, it'll exceed her expectations.

No that sounds amazing I wish my boyfriend was romantic!! I am the one stuck making the valentines plans :( She will be impressed for sure!

If she's superficial and into your wallet, she'll be disappointed. If she's for real, you've done the right thing.