A question for global warming deniers...?

I hear this argument a lot from you guys, and I want to know why. Apparently, the fact that the Earth has gone through warming cycles before means man is completely incapable of warming the earth. Why is that? Could it not be true that warming can happen both naturally AND artificially? Isn't that a bit... show more I hear this argument a lot from you guys, and I want to know why.

Apparently, the fact that the Earth has gone through warming cycles before means man is completely incapable of warming the earth.

Why is that? Could it not be true that warming can happen both naturally AND artificially? Isn't that a bit like saying

"Forest fires have occurred on earth for millions of years. Thus, humans cannot be responsible for forest fires"

If naturally rising and falling CO2 levels are responsible for earth's natural warming and cooling cycles, then it would make sense that artificially raising the CO2 levels would lead to artificial warming, on top of the natural warming cycle, right?

But I guess Rush Limbaugh doesn't mention that, does he?