Will there ever be a cure for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease?

Will there ever be a cure for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease? I have had to take a mega-dose of an extremely expensive prescription medicine, twice-daily, for eight years to control my acid reflux. Will there ever be a permanent cure? I spoke with one of the nation's leading gastroenterologists about two years ago and he told me that the ring that they can surgically insert near the sphincter connecting your stomach and esophagus may exacerbate the problem, is flaky, and is not permanent fix. Is there any hope?

Enzymes don't work for me...

It's funny, you'd think in this day and age they'd at least have a cure for GERD! But all we can do is try to keep the acidity of the reflux down so it doesn't do more damage to the esophagus. My son has terrible reflux and takes Prevacid twice a day and now he has a polyp under his vocal cord from all the reflux.

Medical Researcher, Nutritionist, Health Consultant and Former

Acid Reflux Sufferer Teaches You How To:

•Permanently Cure Your Acid Reflux Within 2 Months

•Gain Permanent Relief From Heartburn In 48 Hours!

•Eliminate Your Chest Pain and Burning Sensation

•Get Rid of Burping, Belching and Flatulence

•Dramatically Enhance Digestive and Intestinal Health and Achieve Lasting Freedom From Most Digestive Disorders

•Get a Peaceful Night Sleep! No More Pain! No More Sleepless Nights! No More Bed-Wedge Pillows!

•Eliminate the risk of cancer, high blood pressure and Alzheimers from prescription medications!

•ave thousands of dollars in prescription medications, over the counters, doctor visits or surgery!

•estore Your Energy Levels and Improve The Quality Of Your Life Dramatically...Guaranteed!

100% guaranteed, clinically researched system that is backed by 35,000+ hours of intense medical research for eliminating acid reflux and heartburn for good – http://heartburnnomore.zano.info

Source(s): Discover How He's Healed Himself From Chronic 11 Year Acid Reflux and Taught Thousands Of People Worldwide To Be Free From Acid Reflux, Heartburn and Most Digestive Problems - http://heartburnnomore.zano.info

Check this natural method to get rid of acid reflux http://acidreflux-cure.info

Usually, heartburnThe most common symptom of acid reflux disease (also known as gastroespohageal reflux disease, or GERD). Heartburn feels like a burning pain in the center of the chest. It is caused by acid from the stomach backing up into the esophagus. is a symptom of acid reflux disease (GERD) Also known as Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Describes the condition of backflow of stomach acid into the esophagus which frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. The symptoms of acid reflux disease typically occur on 2 or more days a week.. And if you suffer from persistent heartburn on two or more days a week—and you’ve treated it and changed your diet—it could be due to acid refluxBackflow of stomach acid into the esophagus. Acid reflux frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. This allows harsh stomach juices to back up into the esophagus. disease. But only your doctor can tell you if these are signs of acid reflux disease.

My doctor prescribed me Nexium. This worked very well, but is pretty expensive. I did try Prilosec otc and it worked very well for me as I have it ALL the time. This is over the counter and works well. If she only gets it occasionally or if she gets flares during the day, Pepcid AC works well or some Maalox. The cherry kind goes down smoother than the original flavor. I hope this helps