What is the meaning of "walking contradiction"?

And what does it mean when someone says "I'm riding out the storm?"

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

A "walking contradiction" is a noun used when implying that something has two or more characteristics which seem to contradict or go against each other. e.g If a person were to be lazy and hardworking, he/she would be a "walking contradiction".

"Riding out the storm" is an idiom used when someone or something is bearing with or going through certain circumstances which aren't exactly favorable. e.g Going through an intense struggle would be classified as "riding out the storm".

Source(s): My head. Woo! Free English revision. >.>
  • hoehl
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Walking Contradiction

• 1 decade ago

A walking or living contradiction means that a person's behavior is at odds with what they hold themselves out to be. For example, a bleeding heart liberal who lives like a millionaire and treats his/her staff like dirt.

"Riding out the storm" is an expression that comes from sailing days. It means not trying to make headway towards ones destination but furling the sails and just bobbing up and down with the waves of a storm. That is what many financial instutions have been doing in the last little while.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/Tjd6j

The ball park figure is one mile. Average distance from home to a local light rail or bus station when one has no automobile or other vehicle to travel by. Like within walking distance from the hotel, from home, from the theater and that could mean anything from a few blocks to a few miles depending on the specificity of the person asking. When I say walking distance I mean a quick stroll about 7 blocks. If it is say, a mile or further it then becomes too far to walk within a reasonable length of time in a city on a main street in the 21st Century. But walking distance in Italy is as far as you can walk before you can't walk any longer. HE HE.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the meaning of "walking contradiction"?

And what does it mean when someone says "I'm riding out the storm?"

Source(s): meaning quot walking contradiction quot: https://biturl.im/oSrFz
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.