How to get soft clothes & towels in front loader washing machine?

Hi, I have a Bosch front loader machine for a year now. My towels come out really stiff & hard after a wash and line dry. I also find my clothes are starting to get a bit harder. My mum has a top loader, and i put my hard towels in hers to wash and they came out much softer!! I've always used omo powder and... show more Hi, I have a Bosch front loader machine for a year now. My towels come out really stiff & hard after a wash and line dry. I also find my clothes are starting to get a bit harder. My mum has a top loader, and i put my hard towels in hers to wash and they came out much softer!! I've always used omo powder and fluffy fabric softer. I recently replaced the fabric softener and tried vinager, but still no change! Do I need to try using more vineger?? My mum has always used fabric softner on her towels and no problems. I also always used cold water, I tried hot water, and changing spin speed to slower....still comes out crispy and hard. Has anyone had this problem and managed to fix it...I want soft cothes & towels!! Do i need to use another detergent?? I thought omo was a good brand...HELP!!