Whats your favorite Beatles song and why?

My favorite Beatles song is the "Golden Slumbers/Carry that Weight/The end" medley.

Its such a beautiful song, and I love that at the end there is a solo performed by each of the beatles. I also love that Paul wrote "carry that weight" to describe that any of the Beatles solo career will never live up to the Beatles playing together. My favorite phrase is "Sleep pretty darling do not cry, and I will sing a lullabye"

What's your favorite Beatles song and why? Also, if you want, what's your favorite phrase from that song?

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

Yeah i love that how in The End they all have guitar solos

I always say i can't pick a favorite but the one i listen to the most is Across The Universe. I heard it on the radio the other day and i was so excited! The first time i listened to it i was just mesmorized and it was while we were driving to Gettysburg so i listened to it over and over again. I listen to it whenever i feel upset or when my parents are yelling at me (words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup) and so I guess they yell at me a lot cause its the second most listen to song on my ipod. I especially love the line "nothing's gonna change my world"

I also named my ipod "Jude"

Source(s): THE BIGGEST BEATLES FAN OF ALL TIME
  • Golden Slumbers is one of my favorites, and I agree, it's very beautiful. I love the way Paul sings "Golden slumbers fill your eyes... smiles await you when you rise."

But my all time favorite would have to be Across the Universe. (it used to be Here There and Everywhere). I love how poetic the lyrics are and the way John sings, he sounds almost forlorn, yet full of life and mystic. Plus I really dig the sound of the sitar, it wouldn't be Across the Universe without it.

"Jai guru deva om, nothing's gonna change my world..."

My next favorite would be Mother Nature's Son.. it's probably the most calming and peaceful song I've heard all my life. I don't have a favorite phrase, I love the entire thing.

Other honorable mentions:

Let it Be, Lady Madonna, Lovely Rita, She's a Woman, I Need You, Paperback Writer, The Ballad of John and Yoko, It's All Too Much, PS I Love You, and a lot more I can't think of right now.

• ???

I love Let It Be, because it's incredibly comforting. Whenever I need to feel better about a situation I just play that song on an audio loop because it's so soothing. "And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me. Shine until tomorrow, let it be."

Hey Jude. I love this song because it's basically telling you to not hold back on love, to give your all to life. Not to be so afraid of getting hurt that you don't open your heart. "And any time you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain. Don't carry the world upon your shoulders. For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder."

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da. It's a fun way of saying life go on. "Life goes on!"

The Long and Winding Road--so romantic. "The long and winding road that leads me to your door will never disappear."

Yesterday. The heartbreak was unexpected. "Oh I believe in yesterday." and "Oh yesterday came suddenly."

Elanor Rigby is very sad and very true for so many people. "Look at all the lonely people, where do they come from?"

And what makes me love them more is Paul's voice, because it is so saturated with emotion in each song that you feel he's actually singing directly to you, and it's easier to feel the song when the feelings sound authentic.

Strawberry Fields Forever

I absolutely love the Beatles and I like all their songs. My favorite is I'm Happy Just To Dance With You because it's sweet.

Source(s): my iPod

Let It Be because, well, I don't know. I guess it's just so deep and personal, and people (including myself) can really relate to it. My favorite phrase from it is probably

"And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,

there will be an answer, let it be.

For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,

there will be an answer. let it be."

Source(s): ♪♥The Beatles♥♫ spirit will never die. RIP John Lennon — Oct. 9, 1940-Dec. 8, 1980 RIP George Harrison — Feb. 25, 1943-Nov. 29, 2001 Keep on rockin' Paul and Ringo! ♪♫

Yesterday

Here Comes the Sun

It brings back a lot of memories because my dad used to play that song all the on his guitar.

• Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds. I'm not sure why, the whole song just appeals to me. I like the imagery in the lyrics, too. It's really creative and different. I named my iPod Touch after the song--Lucy. :]

Here comes the sun