Information about staff training days?

i work in a day nursery and am told by the nursery manager that the 3 staff training days which we currently have will be used as our annual holidays. i do not think this is correct but need some urgent advice. thanx

yeah... something doesn't sound right. Staff training days are usually scheduled in. This is the way I'm looking at this. The training days will be paid like holidays. I think THAT is what is meant. YOu can't have training w/o pay. I had to do it when they did CPR class. It was a Saturday. Its was mandatory, but we got paid. YOu need them to really spell this out. Its too ambiguous.

Well, I do not think it's correct, by law you are entitle to some days off or holidays. Training it's part of your job and some managers choose to do it in a weekend so they do not have to lose hours or money.