is there such a thing as reverse racism?

is there such a thing as reverse racism? My teacher said something about that the other day. i dont think there is such a thing is there? it's against any race right?

reverse racism is very real.

For example:

1.) when a black person says they are proud to be black, it's considered good. People should be proud of what they are. Yet when a white person says they're proud to be white, it's considered racist. It's like whites are not allowed to be proud of who we are, at least not openly.

2.) On TV, black comedians are allowed to make fun of white people, but if a white comedian pokes fun at blacks, it's considered racist. Then tons of black people would call up the NAACP and file lawsuits against the TV network and get that comedian banned from television.

3.) If a black person attacks a white person, and calls them racial slurs like cracker, honkey, or anything... it's only considered assault. However, if a white person attacks a black, and calls them any racial slurs, the attack is considered a hate crime... and will result in much harsher punishment.

4.) We no longer live in a time where blacks aren't safe in white neighborhoods. We live in a time where whites aren't safe in black neighborhoods... but they're still the considered the victims.

I could go on and on with countless examples. The point is though, that their cries about white's racism towards blacks, is putting restrictions on whites that are not being applied to blacks. This is in reality a form of inequality perpetuated by blacks against whites... yet they're still considered the victims. That's why it's called reverse racism.

Nonsense. I only agree on one point - "reverse" sexism, etc., is BS. There is no "reverse" about it - discriminating against someone because of which "group" they belong to is wrong. It is equally racist (or sexist, etc.) to make broad assumptions about whites, blacks, women, men, gays, straights, etc. Why do people see things in such black and white terms? Just because you are a member of an oppressed group, it does not give you carte blanche to do some oppressing yourself. Only through having dignity and showing class can we advance the image of women, for example, or blacks, or gays, or whatever. That means not being incredibly sexist or racist and then whining that you're oppressed yourself, so it doesn't "count".

No. There is just racism point BLANK. The silly idea of reverse racism is that a minority ethnic is racist to the majority ethnic in a country. It's a flawed idea because if I move to Japan where my ethnic group is the minority then according to reverse racism I'll be racist against the Japanese who are the majority. WRONG.

What do you mean by reverse racism?

White people being racist is Racism

Black people being racist is reverse Racism. That's how I understand it

confusing stuff. try searching on to yahoo. that can help!