Is this a spam email or real?

Dear _______@hotmail.co.uk,

This e-mail has been sent to you by Hotmail to inform you that your account will be deactivated within the next 24 hours due to several unsuccessful login attemps on your account.

To prevent this to happen please login securely to our activation link below:

https://login.hotmail.com/config/login_verify2?pus...

If you have already confirmed your information then please disregard this message.

Regards,

Hotmail member services.

Sent by services@windowslive.co.uk

It looks real but when I click on the link it takes me here http://www.lrp.pl/sklep/www-hotmail.com/hot-uk-new...

Is this a spam or not? I don't want to lose my email account.

Thanks

That link www.Irp.pl is a Reported web forgery so yup report that email to antiphishing.org. See this link how to report it.

"Finally, help us identify new scams. If you use Hotmail and received a phishing e-mail, you can select the dropdown next to "Junk,” and select "Report phishing scam.” Whatever you do, do not reply back to the sender. You should also report phishing scams to the Anti-Phishing Working Group by e-mailing them at reportphishing@antiphishing.org."

http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F...

Does it present this just as a regular email (only text etc) or does it have the frame of Hotmail (I don't remember how it is, so I can't describe it :P, but I guess you got my point)?? If it's just text, ignore it- the email address it was sent by can be created by anyone. If it has the tell-tale frame, it's real. But I guess it's just spam. If it had the frame, it would be harder to copy+paste, but I don't know if you put it here that way. :)

I suspect spam. I had one telling me that an account would be closed because it hadn't been used. I check it at the very least a couple of times a week. Forward it on to their spam department.

This is a known phishing scam attempting to get you to give them all your personal info. It's not from Hotmail just delete it and ignore it. Good luck and be careful.

• NoBozo

It's not spam but a phishing attempt to get your password and try to get some of your personal information.

I got one just like it from Yahoo. It was in the spam folder so I'm pretty sure it's fake though.

• SAM

anything from the u.k. asking for your information or telling you won the lottery always from a bank or oil co.or telling you they want to transfer money into your account is spam.

It's an attempt to steal your log-in details. Report it to hotmail.

has someone been trying to hack your mail? the second link looks the real deal?

Source(s): IT Cert. 3

The adress you are forwarded to is a polish website (.pl), looks real but it's a fraud!