How do I shrink VOB files if DVD shrink is not recognizing the files?

I am using Dazzles VHS to DVD converter, but it is creating the files as VOB files and they are larger than a DVD. How do I shrink them? I have tried DVD Shrink but it says that it does not recognize the file and that it is an invalid DVD navigation structure. I have tried to convert them to avi files and MPEG... show more I am using Dazzles VHS to DVD converter, but it is creating the files as VOB files and they are larger than a DVD. How do I shrink them? I have tried DVD Shrink but it says that it does not recognize the file and that it is an invalid DVD navigation structure. I have tried to convert them to avi files and MPEG files so that I could try shrinking them through DVD shrink that way but it did not work either.

Please help! I have ran out of ideas. Also detail to the answer is greatly appreciated as I am not that computer savy. Thanks!