Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is 'interviewees' a word?

If it is not a word, then what do you call those people who are interviewed?

For instance, there are two people in the interview. One asking the questions and the other one answering them. Is there a word you would use to call the person answering the questions?

Similar to when you are in a job. There would be an employer and an employee. lol I think that was were I got the word 'interviewees'. Anyway, is it a word? If not, what do you call it?

Thank you

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Interviewees is most definitely a word.

I think it is one of the only words that will properly fit your definition of "the person answering the questions [in an interview]".

Hope I helped.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Interviewees

• 1 decade ago

Yes

- interviewee (singular)

- interviewees (plural)

Also, the person conducting the interview is the interviewer.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Not if you are really interested in the job. Reach out and shake their hand firmly and say "and to you". Then ask: would you prefer to follow up with me by the end of the week or the beginning of next week?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes. You can also look it up in the dictionary.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes it is :)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.