Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

are there more mormons, or people formerly known as mormons on yahoo answers?

its all tied up 3-3-1? after 14 hours. who will win? fistycuf is an undetermined.

LDS 15 - 3 ex-LDS

2 are undecided.

it's officially a blow out now.

18 - 3, the LDS win!

2 undecided

Theres more LDS on YA....IMHO.

Phrog is the ringleader. IMO... :) Nothing personal but she and a few others "star" THE questions and the floods wave in...:)

Thumbs UP OR Down floods that is. :)

I have 10 or less contacts, not all ex mormon.

I am still here though, answering, and asking. :)

People need the WHOLE truth.

Let me explain....

LDS.org, mormon.org, NOR Josephsmith.org does not tell the truth. I promise you that.

Guess what? The PRO LDS sites do not tell you about Joseph Smith questionable character(money digging, lying, etc) , the extent of the history of polygamy or polyandry, nor bigamy, NOR about the true belief of polygamy in Heaven (even for members today) , they wont mention the many different accounts of Joseph's "First Vision." (9!)

These sites do not tell the readers about the history of the endowment (changing many PARTS and the violent rituals) and the secretiveness of it, they do not tell you about teaching blood atonement, blacks are cursed, MMM, book of Abraham problems, DNA and the book of mormon issues, NOR nothing is brought up about the LDS false doctrines taught over the pulpit, nor the many other changed doctrines, and hateful statements made by LDS leaders, the contradicting of LDS scripture and the Bible.

These topics are white washed or LEFT out on these sites.

The LDS church HAS MANY apologetic sites set up for so called "explaining" of the real problems. (with no real answers...imo)

Here are some truthful SITES....http://20truths.info/mormon.html

and (with references)...http://www.mormonquotes.com/

http://www.exmormon.org/ (ex Mormon DOES have alot of opinions in the stories though...)

http://www.i4m.com/think/

and

http://www.lds-mormon.com/

(these sites do not hate everyday members, they just expose the real history (with LDS references) and information regarding Mormonism as a whole.

AND Yes, I will be the first to tell you "some" so called anti sites have mistruths.

Also, there are some sites that are pro and con about the religion.

We all know, The LDS church shoots it's OWN self in the foot. (and they know it)

I ask and answer about the real question of the religion.

We ("antis" share Mormonism...ALL OF IT)

(I do give my opinion often also)

Say if I choose to tell you the honest facts about say...a Hostess cupcake. IT has 780 calories and nearly 36 grams of fat.

Now hostess is not going to go around telling people just how bad these can be for you. That if you consume too many you will gain weight and it will be unhealthy.

They are going to show children eating these cupcakes, at a picnic, HAVING a grand old time. Yummy!

BUT really they are not that good for you (everyday, over and over)

(Yes, that was corny but just sayin...) lol.

(anti....whatever!) I am just saying some members, and potential converts are kept in the dark if they GO only to the "approved LDS sites." The important info is available online now a days.

Source(s): ~ex mormon

I'll pile on. I am a Mormon

And I'll add a comment. I find it interesting, fascinating actually, that the "anti's" or ex-Mormons automatically take the position that once they do a little research, then THEY are the ones with the trueth and that the LDS do not have it. That things are purposefully "hidden." What I find fascinating is that the antis assume that they have the trueth, unquestionly assume that if its anti, it must be true, all the while claiming LDS do not have it.

Could it be that the truth gets hiddent by the anti sources? Or fabricated? Or told in half truths? Or embellished? Now there is a novel thought. In other words, those who claim they have uncovered secrets may very well BE the ones who are deceived.

• Lisa

Hellow. I'm Mormon. :) I understand what you're talking about. I have seen several instances, some more garish than others, where people seem to spend their entire time lashing out at and tearing down other people's religions. Over time, I have wondered why they have a need to spend so much time doing this. Of those who do, I don't think I've ever heard them share their feelings about Jesus and their love for the gospel. I wish they would, because we then could rejoice in the love of God together. And actually, there have been a few people who are of another Christian denomination that I have been able to share warm feelings for because of our mutual respect, and our mutual love for Jesus. I'll star this question for other LDS to see.

• I thnk there are far more Mormons.

Hey, if a person left the church, if it wasn't for them, then by all means, they should be happy in anything else they do. But I totally can't understand why ex-Mormons spend the rest of their lives combatting it. If someone isn't a part of it anymore, why does it bug them so much? I mean, apply your efforts to seeking the truth, and leave people that are content in the church and find logic in it alone.

I know the answer to this. . .but I wonder if an ex Mormon can tell me why it bugs them enough to go on and on about it? I know my church and I know that no one has truly been victimized by it--they might find it unbelievable, they might have had their feelings hurt by the members at some point, they might disagree with the doctrines--but I know that no one is going to suffer PTS from being in the church and then leaving because whatever you think of it, it aint THAT BAD.

Source(s): LDS

I am of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (commonly known as the Mormon Church).

My mother is of Mormon pioneer heritage (her ancestors helped construct the original Nauvoo Illinois Temple). My father is a convert since Brigham Young University at Provo, Utah, is a returned missionary to England and still has the Book of Mormon missionaries had given to him and his parents when they lived in Canada for a time. My parents are sealed for time and eternity in the Mesa Arizona Temple. My older brother and myself are returned missionaries to Puerto Rico and New Mexico respectively. My family has gone to Temple Square, the Sacred Grove, the Carthage Jail and other Church historical sites; including some temples where have have done ordinances for the dead during some of our travels together or alone (for example my brother to the Guadalajara México Temple while on a little internship from Brigham Young University at Rexburg, Idaho and I to the Kona Hawaiʻi Temple when meeting an Internet pen-pal who is also of the Church).

I bet that is enough to say for a while.

LOL interesting question. And since when is Phog a ringleader? You must really can't stand them if you think that Phog is the Mormon Big Bad Wolf. Truth is, that most Mormons will defend against misconceptions, lies, slander, and half truths. Phog just wants to set the record straight, as most of us do.

So yea, I get it, Ex-Mormons are out of the church, and think we are the ones that are confused. Although we still think they have fallen for a load of BS that has altered and misrepresents what we believe.

Source(s): Mormon and not going to change for a million or a billion dollars :)

I would have to say the majority are indifferent people, then followed by bigots/Anti-Mormons then Mormons would be a slight minority.

My favorite are the Anti-Mormons who post like they are Mormons. They will do ANYTHING to deceive, mislead, and lie. Then again that is the MO of a bigot.

Enchant- again you prove my point by telling half truths and misleading. Where again does it say polygamy is a requirement to get into the celestial kingdom? Oh wait it isn't

July- LOL LOL LOL the OFFICIAL sites of the church don't tell the truth? Your one of them conspiracy anti-mormons huh? I bet Bush was behing 9/11 too, and Obama wasn't born in America either. Well, there is one born every minute I guess.

• phrog

I think there are more LDS on Y/A than ex-mos, but I've never counted. and both pale in comparison to atheists, evangelicals, catholics........and there are a handful of anti-LDS on here, and some LDS trolls - a couple kind of funny.

@julymoon - LOL --- LDS ringleader

thanx for the 'vote of confidence' - calling me the chief troublemaker IYO may be the nicest thing you've said to me........so I'm gonna take it as a compliment. =)

Count me in as a Latter Day Saint.. :0)

" 42 Wherefore, if a man have faith he must needs have hope; for without faith there cannot be any hope.

43 And again, behold I say unto you that he cannot have faith and hope, save he shall be meek, and lowly of heart.

44 If so, his faith and hope is vain, for none is acceptable before God, save the meek and lowly in heart; and if a man be meek and lowly in heart, and confesses by the power of the Holy Ghost that Jesus is the Christ, he must needs have charity; for if he have not charity he is nothing; wherefore he must needs have charity.

45 And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—

47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him"

Moroni 7:42-47 (Book of Mormon) http://scriptures.lds.org/en/moro/7

Current practicing Mormons..will star to get a better response.

Sure I am an ex-mormon, or there are jackmormons, anti-mormons, and ex-mormons or even nonmormons take your pick.

Actually Pilot, you have the watered down version of mormonism, how can you believe in a God that might have a wife and is not a polygamist??? So how did your God get intot he Celestial kingdom, oh so their is polygamy in the bible but mormons spiratically practise it, I guess the prophets in the bible did as well, sure ok.....

@Colebole, to answer your question, the LDS elders in my are know I am ex-mormon, they somehow got my ino from Ut without my info and my SSN and I have no idea how they did this, because a member from the ward in my area says my info is in their ward directory and I have never been in the church one, I have removed my name from the church and still have been stalked bu the elders since I moved where I am now, why can;t the LDS church leave me alone in peace and let me go to my church??? www.mannachurch.org